Request for consultation
Welcome to Hospitality: An Introduction provides a detailed description of the many facets of the Hospitality and Tourism sector, including tours and travel, hotels, restaurants, culinary, casino operations, cruises, and the recreation and leisure industries. Personal profiles of industry leaders highlight the wide range of career opportunities available in the field. The authors discuss the Hospitality and Tourism industry’s evolution toward increased internationalization and integration. Industry Insight vignettes offer a behind-the-scenes view of real-life job tasks and career success stories. Each chapter features practical case study scenarios, including business and social attitude comparatives, advertising and marketing messaging, financial modeling, and competitive analysis formulation. New To This Edition: Expanded coverage of industry career opportunities, a comprehensive new chapter on the Gaming Industry, and expanded coverage of Events Management.
- Expanded coverage of industry career opportunities
- A comprehensive new chapter on the Gaming industry
- Expanded coverage of events management
- Practical industry-based case scenarios and knowledge testing assignments to better simulate the student interest and motivation
- “Graduate Glimpses” into the many relevant experiences directly from those graduates who have succeeded in the Hospitality Industry
- Variety of color photographs and illustrative artwork depicting the various facets of the hospitality industry
- Detailed information, with an international perspective, about economic trends affecting the future direction of the hospitality industry
- Valuable learning and practice resources including case studies, application exercises, internet exercises, review questions and reflection questions
Chapter 2: Travel and Tourism: Partners with Hospitality.
Chapter 3: Global Issues and Hospitality.
Chapter 4: Dynamics of the Lodging Industry.
Chapter 5: Hotel Development.
Chapter 6: Hotel Management and Operations.
Chapter 7: Contemporary Foodservice Concepts.
Chapter 8: Culinary Arts and Foodservice Operations.
Chapter 9: Beverage Management.
Chapter 10: Strictly Business.
Chapter 11: Leisure Activities and Hospitality.
Chapter 12: Focus on the Future.
Chapter 13: Building for Success.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.