Request for consultation
Teach your MBA students how to use economics most effectively to solve today's business problems with this breakthrough text. Froeb/McCann/Ward/Shor's MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS, 4E covers traditional material using a problem-based approach built around common business mistakes. Models are used sparingly, and then only to the extent that they help students determine why mistakes are made and how to fix them. This edition's succinct, fast-paced presentation and challenging, interactive applications place the reader in the role of a decision maker who has to not only identify profitable decisions, but also implement them. The lively, practical book provides an excellent ongoing reference for future professionals pursuing business careers.
- Online Mindtap® Economics Empowers Students To Produce Their Best Work Consistently: By seamlessly integrating course material with videos, activities, apps, and much more, MindTap® Economics for MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS, 4E creates a unique learning path that fosters increased comprehension and efficiency.
- Step-By-Step End-of-Chapter Video Exercises Clarify Complicated Problems and Exercises: These new video problems, available on MindTap®, walk students through every step in the development of complex problems or exercises in the book. These helpful instructional videos serve as invaluable guides for other assignments.
- New Interactive Homework Provides Immediate Feedback: Now all end-of-chapter multiple-choice questions are interactive on MindTap®. Students can answer all questions and receive real-time feedback on their performances.
- New Video Lectures Summarizes The Most Compelling Theories In The Book: This series of videos was produced by the textbook's author team and reflects the authors' innovative, real-world teaching style.
- New Computerized Test Bank Saves You Time: Written by the author team to ensure the highest quality, this edition's test bank provides fresh, revised questions and operates efficiently in a computerized system, Cognero®.
- Proven, MBA-Level Presentation Emphasizes Problem-Solving: Written specifically for your MBA-level managerial economics class, this book's solid approach teaches students to solve problems rather than simply learn models. Students connect economics to decisions made on the job. This book emphasizes fewer math and technical models with fewer graphs and figures than traditional managerial economics texts, but provides a much stronger emphasis on today's real business world.
- Interactive End-Of-Chapter Material Places Students Into Roles of Decision Makers: A variety of effective end-of-chapter applications present real business scenarios that give students the opportunity to resolve actual business problems and pursue the most profitable and rational decisions. Eight to ten end-of-chapter scenarios for every chapter provide excellent choices for individual assignments, group projects, or class discussions.
- First Chapter Clearly Introduces Book's Subject Matter: Students begin with a strong foundation and understanding of the managerial economics to follow as Chapter 1 overviews and introduces the principles with an emphasis on how economics impact today's managerial business decisions.
- High Level Of Readability Ensures Student Comprehension: Both instructors using this text and reviewers agree that this edition offers a highly effective level of readability to make sure your students thoroughly understand concepts and how they apply. Succinct lessons present relevant theory in an accessible way, while learning features enable students to clearly understand theory and immediately apply it.
1. Introduction: What This Book Is About.
2., The One Lessor of Business.
3. Benefits, Costs, and Decisions.
4. Extent (How Much) Decisions.
5. Investment Decisions: Look Ahead and Reason Back.
SECTION II: PRICING, COST, AND PROFITS.
6. Simple Pricing.
7. Economies of Scale and Scope.
8. Understanding Markets and Industry Changes.
9. Market Structure and Long-Run Equilibrium.
10. Strategy: The Quest to Keep Profit from Eroding.
11. Foreign Exchange, Trade, and Bubbles.
SECTION III: PRICING FOR GREATER PROFIT.
12. More Realistic and Complex Pricing.
13. Direct Price Discrimination.
14. Indirect Price Discrimination.
SECTION IV: STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING.
15. Strategic Games.
SECTION V: UNCERTAINTY.
17. Making Decisions with Uncertainty.
19. The Problem of Adverse Selection.
20. The Problem of Moral Hazard.
SECTION VI: ORGANIZATIONAL DESIGN.
21. Getting Employees to Work in the Firm's Best Interest.
22. Getting Divisions to Work in the Firm's Best Interest.
23. Managing Vertical Relationships.
SECTION VII: WRAPPING UP.
24. You Be the Consultant.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Expand students' understanding and streamline class preparation with the numerous instructor and student resources available on this edition's robust companion website. Easily download password-protected instructor resources, including the Solution's Manual, Test Bank powered by Congerno®, and PowerPoint® slides.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Froeb/McCann/Ward/Shor's Managerial Economics
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.