Request for consultation
Activate Learning with Warren/Reeve/Duchac's, MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING! Market-leading MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING has been on the forefront of innovation and change based on the needs of today's teaching and learning environment. Warren offers students clear guidance to complete homework with an efficient presentation for today's learner. The high impact writing style and streamlined design makes important information accessible, with a focus on providing the best and most complete examples. The Complete Learning System in MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING and CengageNOW is built around the way students use textbooks and online resources to learn, study and complete homework, allowing them to achieve ultimate success in this course. New to this edition, the authors created innovative, unique content that is focused on unique student and instructor needs before and after lecture – and the type of activities best-suited to each point in learning. New content like the author-written Activation Exercises, helps students come to class more prepared, and enables them to more easily connect the dots, enhance their depth of knowledge and have better tools for remediation and review. The end goal of Warren/Reeve/Duchac's text and technology learning system is to Activate Learning & create more empowered & prepared students—ready to take on the rest of their educational and career goals.
- REFRESHED REAL-WORLD INTEGRATION: As with every new edition, the authors have ensured that new real-world companies have been added, real-world data has been updated, and names and values of end-of-chapter material have been changed.
- NEW ANIMATED ACTIVITIES: Animated Activities in CengageNOW and Aplia are the perfect pre-lecture assignment to expose students to concepts before class! These illustrations visually guide students through selected core topics using a realistic company example to illustrate how the concepts relate to the everyday activities of a business. Animated Activities are assignable or available for self-study and review.
- NEW BLUEPRINT CONNECTIONS: Blueprint Connections in CengageNOW and Aplia are shorter extensions of the Blueprint Problems that build upon concepts covered and introduced within the Blueprint Problems. These scenario-based exercises help reinforce students' knowledge of the concept, strengthen their analytical skills and are useful as in-class activities or as homework/review after lecture and before the exam.
- NEW AUTHOR-WRITTEN "Check My Work" FEEDBACK: The written feedback available when students click on "Check My Work" in CengageNOW has been revised by the authors to achieve a more holistic student learning experience.
- NEW POST-SUBMISSION FEEDBACK: Where appropriate, source calculations and further explanation have been added alongside the solution in CengageNOW to help students understand where they went wrong in solving end-of-chapter items.
- NEW CONCEPTUAL CONVERSION QUESTIONS: End-of-chapter questions or requirements within larger questions that were previously short answer have been converted into an assignable & gradable format within CengageNOW and Aplia. This allows you to better assess students' conceptual understanding of topics, something that has previously been difficult within an online homework system. Green pencil icons in the print text denote which questions have been converted into this format in the technology.
- NEW EXCEL "Try It" TUTORIALS: Located in the Study Tools Tab in CengageNOW, these activities provide students with basic tutorials on how to use Excel to solve accounting problems. Students practice accounting and manipulate spreadsheets using basic Excel® formulas in a simple step-by-step format. The tutorials reinforce the accounting concepts and help build students' Excel competency.
- Complete Learning System: Students can easily locate the information they need to efficiently master course concepts using the "Guiding Principles System." At the beginning of every chapter, students have a map of the chapter objectives, related topics and outcomes, Example Exercises in the chapter, and corresponding Practice Exercises in the homework. The "At a Glance" chapter summary completes this proven system that leads students quickly to the information they need.
- Market Leading End-of-Chapter Material: Students need to practice accounting so that they can understand and use it. To give students the greatest possible advantage in the real world, MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING, 12E, goes beyond presenting theory and procedure with comprehensive, time-tested end-of-chapter material.
- Relevant Chapter Openers: Building on the strengths of past editions, these openers use real companies, such as Twitter and Google, to help students relate to accounting and business concepts in the chapter. They provide invaluable insight into real practice. Chapter openers created especially for this edition focus on interesting companies such as Facebook, Scripps-Howard, Rhapsody and Razor and are accompanied by a chapter-opening video in CengageNOW.
- Business Connections and Comprehensive Real-World Notes: Students get a close-up look at how accounting operates in the marketplace through a variety of items in the margins and in the "Business Connections" boxed features. In addition, a variety of end-of-chapter exercises and problems employ real-world data to give students a feel for the material that accountants see daily. Real companies are highlighted in blue font throughout each chapter for a consistent presentation.
- Integrity, Objectivity, and Ethics in Business: In each chapter, these cases help students develop their ethical compass. Often coupled with related end-of-chapter activities, these cases can be discussed in class or students can consider the cases as they read the chapter. Both the section and related end-of-chapter materials are indicated with a unique icon for a consistent presentation.
- Illustrative Problem and Solution: A solved problem models one or more of the chapter's assignment problems so that students can apply the modeled procedures to end-of-chapter materials.
- IFRS Coverage: IFRS icons throughout the text point to specific chapter content that is then detailed in our IFRS table. This table outlines the IFRS impact on accounting concepts.
- Blueprint Problems in CengageNOW & Aplia: Blueprint Problems are designed to help students understand the fundamental accounting concepts and their associated building blocks and not just the formulas or journal entries required for a single concept. This allows students to get the overall big picture and to begin to see how accounting concepts are interrelated in one succinct discussion.
- Hallmark features:
- Example Exercises: Based on extensive market feedback, Example Exercises were developed to reinforce concepts and procedures in a bold, new way. Like a teacher in the classroom, students follow the authors' example to see how to complete accounting applications in the textbook. Each Example Exercise references the parallel Practice Exercises in the homework so students get the accounting experience they need. Animated Example Exercises are also tied to the Practice Exercises within CengageNOW to provide students with an easily accessible audiovisual walk-through of how to solve these questions.
2. Job Order Costing.
3. Process Cost Systems.
4. Cost Behavior and Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis.
5. Variable Costing for Management Analysis.
7. Performance Evaluation Using Variances from Standard Costs.
8. Performance Evaluation for Decentralized Operations.
9. Differential Analysis, Product Pricing, and Activity-Based Costing.
10. Capital Investment Analysis.
11. Cost Allocation and Activity-Based Costing.
12. Cost Management for Just-in-Time Environments.
13. Statement of Cash Flows.
14. Financial Statement Analysis.
Appendix A Interest Tables.
Appendix B Nike, Inc. 2011 Annual Report.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
This robust companion website provides immediate access to a rich array of teaching and learning resources, including the Instructor’s Manual, Solutions Manual, PowerPoint® slides, Study Guide and Solutions, Excel Templates and Solutions, Practice Set Solutions, and Transparency Masters and Handouts (with solutions). Easily download the instructor resources you need from the password-protected, instructor-only section of the site.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant, export tests as Word files, and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
These working papers provide students with a starting point for completing end-of-chapter assignments from the textbook.
Master the procedures and concepts of accounting and earn the grade you want in your accounting course with the rich array of learning resources at this companion website. Designed specifically for your accounting needs, this website features student PowerPoint® slides, Excel Templates, and Study Guide and solutions.
Fit and Fashionable Practice Set with Cengage Learning General Ledger Software, 2 terms (12 months) Printed Access Card
This practice set is a merchandising business operated as a proprietorship. This business is a retail and wholesale seller of fitness equipment and apparel. This set includes a general journal and special journals: sales journal, purchases journal, cash receipts journal, and cash payments journal. It also includes sub- and general ledgers, a checkbook register, and source documents. This set can be solved manually or with the General Ledger software. The estimated time to complete this practice set is 14-15 hours.
Hydro Paddle Boards Practice Set with Cengage Learning General Ledger, 2 terms (12 months) Printed Access Card
This practice set is for a manufacturing business operated as a corporation. The corporation designs and manufactures custom paddle boards and uses a job-order cost system. This set includes subsidiary ledgers, a schedule of employer payroll taxes, a schedule of unfinished goods, and job cost records. This set can be solved manually or with the General Ledger software. The estimated time to complete this practice set is 13-15 hours.
JP's Tech Solutions with Cengage Learning General Ledger, 2 terms (12 months) Printed Access Card
This practice set covers the complete accounting cycle for a retail merchandising and service business operated as a small corporation. It includes a narrative of transactions, which are to be recorded in special journals. This set can be solved manually or with the General Ledger software. The estimated time to complete this practice set is 15-16 hours.
Lawn Ranger Landscaping Practice Set with Cengage Learning General Ledger Software, 2 term (12 months) Printed Access Card
This practice set covers the complete accounting cycle for a small service business operated as a proprietorship. You will follow a narrative of transactions and instructions for an optional solution with no debits and credits. This set can be solved manually or with the General Ledger software. The estimated time to complete this practice set is 15-16 hours.
My Place: House of Décor Practice Set with Cengage Learning General Ledger, 2 terms (12 months) Printed Access Card
This practice set is based on a service and merchandising business operated as a corporation. My Place: House of Décor is an interior design firm that provides services to clients for the first months, and then adds a new component to the business for the last months -- purchasing and selling antique furniture. This set can be solved manually or with the General Ledger software. The estimated time to complete this practice set is 15-17 hours.
Chic Events by Jada Practice Set with Cengage Learning General Ledger Software, 2 terms (12 months) Printed Access Card
This practice set includes payroll transactions and purchases and sales for a merchandising business operated as a proprietorship. It includes business documents for a company that plans weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties, and corporate events, as well as selling party supplies. This set can be solved manually or with the General Ledger software. The estimated time to complete this practice set is 12-15 hours.
These working papers provide students with a starting point for completing end-of-chapter assignments from the textbook.