Request for consultation
Give your students a managerially-focused overview of information security and how to effective administer it with Whitman/Mattord’s MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION SECURITY, 5E. Prepare your students become information security management practitioners able to secure systems and networks to meet the challenges in a world where continuously emerging threats, ever-present attacks, and the success of criminals illustrate weaknesses in current information technologies. Future professional managers complete your course with the exceptional blend of skills and experiences to develop and manage the more secure computing environments that today’s organizations need. This edition offers a tightened focus on key executive and managerial aspects of information security while retaining the foundational instruction to reinforce key IT concepts. Updated content reflects the latest developments in the today’s field, such as NIST, ISO, and security governance.
- TIGHTENED FOCUS EMPHASIZES KEY EXECUTIVE AND MANAGERIAL ASPECTS OF INFORMATION SECURITY. Students become proficient in the most important areas of information security and management while still studying the foundational material necessary to reinforce key concepts.
- UPDATES HIGHLIGHT THE LATEST ADVANCEMENTS IN THE FIELD. This edition presents the most current information on NIST, ISO, security governance, and other relevant changes related to today’s information security.
- MINDTAP® OFFERS A PERSONALIZED TEACHING EXPERIENCE WITH RELEVANT ASSIGNMENTS. MindTap® guides students in analyzing, applying, and improving thinking while allowing you to measure skills and outcomes with ease.
- CURRICULUM MAPS TO NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR CYBERSECURITY EDUCATION STANDARDS. For interested institutions, curriculum mapping to the newly released National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) standards is available with this edition.
- CONTENT INTEGRATES CERTIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY PROFESSIONALS (CISSP) AND CERTIFIED INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGERS (CISM) INFORMATION. The authors have carefully incorporated both CISSP and CISM bodies of knowledge throughout the text to prepare your students for important CISSP and CISM certifications. Chapter scenarios follow a fictional company as it encounters various information security issues. Meaningful group discussion questions follow each scenario to prompt interaction within your classroom.
- "VIEWPOINT" ESSAYS ILLUSTRATE INTRUIGING TOPICS. Students work with real-world examples as they examine concepts at work in today’s business environments.
- ACTIVITIES, QUESTIONS AND PROJECTS REINFORCE SKILLS. Your students have numerous opportunities to apply what they are learning with in-depth review questions, hands-on activities, and case projects in each chapter.
1. Introduction to Management of Information Security.
2. Compliance: Law and Ethics.
UNIT II: Strategic Information Security Management.
3. Governance and Strategic Planning for Security.
4. Security Policy.
5. Developing the Security Program.
6. Risk Management: Identifying and Assessing Risk.
7. Risk Management: Controlling Risk.
UNIT III: Operational Information Security Management.
8. Security Management Models.
9. Security Management Practices.
10. Planning for Contingencies.
11. Personnel and Security.
12. Protection Mechanisms. Appendix.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing. powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.