Request for consultation
Packed with real-life examples and case studies, MANAGEMENT OF ELECTRONIC AND DIGITAL MEDIA, 6e, provides the latest information on the management and leadership techniques and strategies used in the electronic and digital media industries. The text is popular with professors and students alike for its contemporary approach and clear, current illustrations. Succinctly written, the Sixth Edition covers the most important aspects for future managers, leaders, and entrepreneurs in the rapidly evolving media industries -- and includes an all-new chapter: "Media Management: Manager/Leader/Entrepreneur". Social media is integrated throughout. New coverage highlights trends in big data, mobile, social media, and the cloud. In addition, end-of-chapter case studies put the student in the role of a manager in a decision-making environment.
- Thoroughly revised and updated, MANAGEMENT OF ELECTRONIC AND DIGITAL MEDIA, 6e delivers an expanded focus on management, leadership, and entrepreneurship throughout the text, including an all-new chapter: "Media Management: Manager/Leader/Entrepreneur".
- Comprehensive revisions throughout the book reflect new trends in big data, mobile, social media, and the cloud, and how it impacts the media industries -- ensuring students have the most up-to-the-minute coverage available.
- A number of new and revised case studies reflect the changing managerial environment and the challenges in leading media organizations, giving students plenty of hands-on experience working through problems and issues facing today's managers.
- Completely up to date, the Sixth Edition includes all the latest information on management, leadership, and entrepreneurship across the rapidly evolving media industries.
- Case studies at the end of each chapter present opportunities for critical thinking through real-world management scenarios, giving students firsthand experience grappling with decisions they would make as media managers.
- The book's thorough and current coverage of all technical and industry standards is presented in a succinct and accessible manner. Dr. Albarran condenses complex material into engaging, student-friendly paragraphs.
- Reflecting the most recent developments and practices from the field, Albarran's contemporary approach to management keeps pace with the latest trends revolving around social media, big data, and mobile applications.
Abbreviations and Acronyms.
1. Managing Electronic and Digital Media.
2. The Media Business Environment: Markets, Business Models, Mergers, Alliances, and Partnerships.
3. Ethics of Management.
4. Theories of Management.
5. Financial Management.
6. Managing Personnel.
7. Audiences and Audience Research.
8. Content: Strategy and Distribution.
10. News and News Management.
11. Regulatory Influences on Media Management.
12. Technology Influence on Media Management.
13. Media Management: The Manager/Leader/Entrepreneur.
Glossary of Key Terms.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
Instructor's Companion Web Site