Request for consultation
MANAGEMENT, 12E, takes a functional approach, skills-based to the process of management with a focus on active planning, leading, organizing and controlling. Griffin examines today's emerging management topics, including the impact of technology, importance of a green business environment, ethical challenges, and the need to adapt in changing times. Hundreds of well-researched contemporary examples, from Starbucks to the U.S. Military to The Hunger Games, vividly demonstrate the importance of strong management to any type of organization. MindTap® incorporates a suite of new digital resources designed to facilitate and measure student success. Students can synchronously work together in the experiential exercises to create videos, write papers, deliver presentations, and more. Interactive Self Assessments engage students by helping them make personal connections to the content presented in the chapter. Our adaptive learning solution customizes content specifically to student needs, serving up questions, feedback, instruction, and remediation to help them learn the material and prepare for class and exams with confidence.
- Each case contains fresh, cutting-edge examples and perspectives.
- This edition has been reduced from 22 to 20 chapters.
- The box "menu" features the themes of leadership, diversity, technology and the media, sustainability, and managing in non-business settings.
- Each major chapter section concludes with a brief set of Take-Away Points.
- The end-of-chapter material has been expanded to include a Skills-Based Self-Assessment. The digital assessment can also be found in MindTap®.
- Assignments are fully integrated with the text. Problem sets provide calculated combinations of lower and higher order thinking skills exercises. Engaging video cases and interactive charts and graphs seamlessly integrate with self-assessments and vivid examples. Students can synchronously work together in the experiential exercises to create videos, write papers, deliver presentations, and more. Interactive Self Assessments help students engage students by helping them make personal connections to the content presented in the chapter. Our adaptive learning solution provides customized questions, text, and video resources based on student proficiency. A flexible grading system offers grade analytics and grade book export tools to work with any learning management system.
- Interactive Self Assessments help students engage students by helping them make personal connections to the content presented in the chapter. Our adaptive learning solution provides customized questions, text, and video resources based on student proficiency. A flexible grading system offers grade analytics and grade book export tools to work with any learning management system.
- This edition draws memorable examples from a wide variety of popular establishments, from large organizations to unique small businesses.
- An effective balance of theory and practice helps students strengthen their management skills and better understand the power of innovation in today's workplace.
- New and revised Building Skills exercises offer insights into approaching various management situations most effectively. Students improve targeted skills, such as conceptual, diagnostic, decision-making, time-management, and technical abilities.
1. Managing and the Manager's Job.
2. Traditional and Contemporary Opportunities/Challenges.
Part II: UNDERSTANDING THE ENVIRONMENTAL CONTEXT OF MANAGING.
3. Understanding the Organization's Environment.
4. Responding to the Ethical and Social Environment.
5. Navigating the Global Environment.
Part III: UNDERSTANDING PLANNING AND DECISION MAKING.
6. Basic Elements of Planning and Decision Making.
7. Managing Strategy and Strategic Planning.
8. Managing Decision Making and Problem Solving.
9. Managing Start-Ups and New Ventures.
Part IV: UNDERSTANDING THE ORGANIZING PROCESS.
10. Basic Elements of Organizing.
11. Managing Organization Design.
12. Managing Change and Innovation.
13. Managing Human Resources.
Part V: UNDERSTANDING THE LEADING PROCESS.
14. Basic Elements of Individual and Interpersonal Behavior.
15. Managing Employee Motivation and Performance.
16. Managing Leadership and Influence Process.
17. Managing Interpersonal Relations and Communication.
18. Managing Work Groups and Teams.
Part VI: UNDERSTANDING THE CONTROLLING PROCESS.
19. Basic Elements of Control.
20. Managing Operations, Quality and Productivity.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website for Griffin's Management
Instructors can find course support materials, including Instructor's Resource Manual, Test Bank files, PowerPoint® slides, and DVD guide.
On the Job Companion DVD
Put management concepts in action with new "On the Job" videos created specifically for this edition. "On the Job" videos provide behind-the-scene insights into management concepts at work within actual small and large businesses. Corresponding support material can be found in the DVD guide.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Griffin's Management
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.