Request for consultation
Creative Resources for Infants and Toddlers Series is a cluster of resources divided by child-care center and classroom criteria. This series explores child development at the critical stages of life such as predictable and universal patterns of development that occur in all domains, including physical, cognitive, language and communication, social, and emotional. The resources are arranged by age: Infant Resources: birth to 6 months, and 7 month to 12 months, and Toddler Resources: 13 to 24 months, and 25 to 36 months. Understanding developmental norms allows caregivers and parents to create and implement experiences that support and enhance the various levels of child development. With additional references, Web links, and on-line resources associated with each individual age group, Creative Resources for Infants and Toddlers Series provides all the information needed to understand the developmental needs of the child.
- includes more than 30 activities in each developmental age group
- includes theories on understanding development and using developmental norms
- charts included to outline various "developmental milestones" in the areas of physical, language and communication, cognitive, social, and emotional development
- provides suggestions and activities on assessing development
- Appendices are a rich resource including lists of recipes, songs, finger-plays, charts, books, list of toys, equipment and more
- Resources are arranged by age
Promoting Optimal Development in Infants.
Language and Communication Development.
Physical Development Language and Communication Development.
Appendix A: Books for Infants and Toddlers.
Appendix B: Criteria for Selecting Materials and Equipment for Children.
Appendix C: Materials and Equipment for Promoting Optimal Development for Infants and Toddlers.
Appendix D: Movement Activities for Children from Thirteen to Twenty-four Months.
Appendix E: Favorite Finger Plays, Nursery Rhymes, and Chants.
Appendix F: Songs.
Appendix G: Rhythm Instruments.
Appendix H: Recipes.
Appendix I: Resources Related to Infants and Toddlers.
Appendix J: Developmental Checklist.
Appendix K: Anecdotal Record.