Request for consultation
Making It Count: Math for the Beauty and Wellness Industry lays out the basics of math and uses pertinent, real-life industry scenarios allowing the student to view math as it relates to their future career. Topics include scheduling, planning appointments, performing inventory, ordering products, determining volume-based discounts and reading financial documents. All of these topics are covered in an appealing style with activities and examples that will keep the student engaged and help them to understand the role math plays in the industry. This resource helps make the challenge of math in the salon or spa into a manageable and rewarding skill set.
- Relevant, industry-based practice problems and answers allow the student to see the concepts in action.
- Descriptions of the mathematical processes and operations are easy to read and understand.
- Metric and other conversion charts in the appendix allow the student quick, easy access to useful information.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter and review questions reinforce material and concepts.
2. Appointment Planning And Scheduling Clients.
3. Inventory Control And Management.
4. Purchasing Principles.
5. Pricing Products And Services And Determining Profit.
6. Meeting Financial Goals.
7. Budgeting, Planning And Reporting.
8. Inventory Control Using The Metric System.
9. Banking And Interest.
10. Solving Problems Related To Inventory And Scheduling.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Course Management Guide on CD
This CD is the primary instructor resource for Making it Count: Math for the Beauty and Wellness Industry. It includes lesson plans and a computerized testbank as well as a library of images features in the text so you can create your own handouts and presentations for your classroom. Files are in PDF format, and must be opened with Adobe Reader, a free software program. This is a saleable only product.