Request for consultation
Managing a retail operation in a salon or spa can be a daunting task. To the student learning business skills, Retail Management for Salons and Spas is a fantastic resource. This text provides essential business information and a clear understanding of what it takes to run a profitable retail operation while overseeing the day-to-day operations. Topics include identifying a target market, preparing and executing a marketing plan, retail sales forecasting, vendor selection, purchasing strategies, inventory management, record keeping, space planning, and incentivizing staff. It also effectively provides tools such as case studies, learning activities, and quizzes to bring lessons to life. With Retail Management for Salons and Spas, students will learn the why, the when, and the how of selling retail products to their customers.
- A wide scope of topics supports students with tools to use along all phases of retail management.
- Quizzes at the end of each chapter assist students in retaining key concepts.
- Case studies provide a realistic illustration of the key concepts so the student can relate to and connect with the material immediately.
- Chapter learning activities encourage the student to apply the material right away.
- Chapter 9 contains a launch timeline for opening a new retail space for a business.
2. Retail Planning.
4. Inventory Management.
5. Evaluating Financial Performance.
6. Sales and Service.
7. Visual Merchandising.
9. Salon and Spa Retail Opening.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Course Management Guide on CD
This CD is the primary instructor resource for Making it Count: Math for the Beauty and Wellness Industry. It includes lesson plans and a computerized testbank as well as a library of images features in the text so you can create your own handouts and presentations for your classroom. Files are in PDF format, and must be opened with Adobe Reader, a free software program. This is a saleable only product.