Request for consultation
Equip your students with a solid global understanding of macroeconomic principles as you introduce the latest thinking of economists on important macroeconomic phenomena with Boyes/Melvin's MACROECONOMICS, 10E. Now you can clearly illustrate the connections between key macroeconomic principles and actual business practices with this book's reader-friendly approach, carefully integrated learning features, memorable examples, and unique global emphasis. Timely revisions and the latest macroeconomic statistics ensure you are teaching using the most recent data and developments. Revised macroeconomics materials emphasize the fundamentals and the practical application of concepts to current events. New macroeconomics coverage highlights the recent financial crisis and its global implications. Your students gain in-depth understanding of globalization and its impact on economic growth and poverty. Cutting-edge teaching and learning technology and supplements, including the world-leading Aplia™ homework system, MindTap® Personalized Learning Experience, and an integrated eReader, help you create a complete macroeconomics course that highlights the importance of today's macroeconomic principles in business today.
- MINDTAP PROVIDES ONLINE PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE. MindTap® for MACROECONOMICS, 10E goes well beyond an eBook, a homework solution, digital supplement, resource center website, course delivery platform or Learning Management System. It combines all of these and more to create the Personal Learning Experience. MindTap® allows you to bring the text to life with interactive media, your own readings and lectures or videos, homework, and integration with your LMS. It's all together in one easy to navigate learning tool.
- NEW INTERACTIVE EREADER CLEARLY COMMUNICATES CONCEPTS WITH A FULL DIGITAL READING EXPERIENCE. This interactive eReader offers much more than a printed page on the digital screen. In addition to full search functionality, students can highlight text, take notes and use smart-links to locate previous chapters or relevant figures. The eReader provides a variety of media assets to address the challenges that often impede learning. From beginning to end, this is a truly digital reading experience, designed to deliver concepts in the most efficient and effective way.
- NEW CONCEPTCLIPS CLARIFY DIFFICULT ECONOMIC TERMINOLOGY. Embedded throughout the interactive eReader, new ConceptClips address the challenge of understanding macroeconomic terminology that students face when first introduced to the subject. Developed by Mike Brandl of The Ohio State University, these vocabulary animations provide a memorable auditory and visual representation of the important terminology for the course.
- NEW GRAPHING-AT-A-GLANCE VIDEO TUTORIALS BRING GRAPHS TO LIFE. Embedded within the interactive eReader, these Graphing-at-a-Glance video tutorials allow students to see graphs physically move along the axes. Created by Dr. John Min of Northern Virginia Community College, these videos walk beginning students through basic graphing concepts, challenges, and graphing analyses via animated graphs. Students quickly understand how graphs work and what shifts or movements along the curves mean in an macroeconomics context.
- ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING AND NOW YOU TRY IT FEATURES ARE NOW AVAILABLE DIGITALLY. For your convenience, this edition of ECONOMICS now offers two popular print features – Economically Speaking and Now You Try It -- in digital format with helpful follow-up questions.
- NEW WRITE EXPERIENCE HELPS STUDENTS REFINE THEIR WRITING ABILITIES. This useful program guides students in writing more effectively without adding to your workload! Write Experience uses artificial intelligence to score student writing assignments instantly and accurately. The program also provides students with detailed revision goals and feedback on their writing.
- COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS THE RECENT FINANCIAL CRISIS AND ITS GLOBAL IMPLICATIONS. The authors have condensed the introduction, while providing abundant important coverage of the recent financial crisis as well as the associated recession and the central bank policies to counter its impact. With regard to the latter, forward guidance is now discussed under tools of monetary policy. A special section emphasizes how the financial crisis began in the United States before spreading globally.
- UNIQUE, PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES IMPROVE COMPREHENSION AND STUDENT PERFORMANCE. This popular text's one-of-a-kind, proven pedagogical program helps improve both comprehension and performance. Students attain the knowledge and skills to succeed in class and to develop an understanding of core economic principles essential for success throughout their careers.
- FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS DIRECT STUDENTS' FOCUS TO KEY ISSUES. As students read and prepare for class, this book's useful Fundamental Questions for each chapter help focus students' attention to key issues. Chapter summaries and the book's supplements further reinforce these themes and effectively guide students' study.
- CONVENIENT, INTEGRATED REFERENCING SYSTEM ENABLES STUDENTS TO WORK EFFICIENTLY. With this book's integrated referencing system, students can easily explore and review the macroeconomics topics they need more, allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively.
- LEADING APLIA™ ONLINE HOMEWORK SYSTEM INCREASES STUDENT ENGAGEMENT. The most successful online product for economics is now fully integrated with this text. Aplia™ offers interactive tools to help prepare your economics students and increase student effort and engagement--without requiring more work from you. Students stay on top of coursework with regularly scheduled homework assignments while Aplia's™ high quality automatic grading provides detailed, immediate feedback. A new eReader provides media assets and new tools for mastering graphing and vocabulary.
- ECONOMIC INSIGHT BOXES RELATE CONCEPTS TO CURRENT EVENTS. Economic Insights throughout this edition highlight some of today's most current events to focus readers' attention on the relevance and real-world applications of concepts in the chapter. These engaging features help students carefully consider a wide range of topics from an informed macroeconomic perspective.
- THE LATEST ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING AND COMMENTARY FEATURES HIGHLIGHT THE MACROECONOMIC IMPACT OF TODAY'S MOST IMPORTANT WORLD EVENTS. Introduce your students to recent newspaper and magazine articles that highlight important world events and their macroeconomic causes and consequences with Economically Speaking and Commentary features at the end of each chapter. These familiar, interesting, and memorable examples help your students appreciate the importance of the material they are learning in your course. For your convenience, Economically Speaking is now also available digitally.
- THE LATEST MACROECONOMIC STATISTICS THROUGHOUT THIS EDITION ENSURE YOU ARE TEACHING YOUR STUDENTS USING THE MOST CONTEMPORARY INFORMATION. Updates, numerous additions and timely revisions throughout all parts of this new edition represent the latest thinking from leading economists on important macroeconomic phenomena.
2. Scarcity and Opportunity Costs.
3. Markets and the Price System
4. The Aggregate Economy.
5. National Income Accounting.
6. An Introduction to the Foreign Exchange Market and the Balance of Payments.
7. Unemployment and Inflation.
8. Macroeconomic Equilibrium: Aggregate Demand and Supply.
9. Aggregate Expenditures.
Appendix: An Algebraic Model of Aggregate Expenditures
10. Income and Expenditures Equilibrium.
Appendix: An Algebraic Model of Income and Expenditures Equilibrum.
11. Fiscal Policy.
Appendix: An Algebraic Examination of the Balanced-Budget Change in Fiscal Policy.
12. Money and Banking.
13. Monetary Policy.
14. Macroeconomic Policy: Tradeoffs, Expectations, Credibility, and Sources of Business Cycles.
15. Macroeconomic Viewpoints: New Keynesian, Monetarist, and New Classical.
16. Economic Growth.
17. Development Economics.
19. World Trade Equilibrium.
20. International Trade Restrictions.
21. Exchange Rates and Financial Links between Countries.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
An updated Test Bank offers a new style of questions, even more questions, and a new online testing system, powered by Cognero. This online tool allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. You can also create multiple test versions in an instant and easily deliver tests from your LMS to your classroom, or other locations.