Request for consultation
Introduce the latest thinking of today's economists on important macroeconomic phenomena while equipping your students with a solid global understanding of macroeconomic principles with Boyes/Melvin's MACROECONOMICS, 9E. Now you can clearly illustrate the connections between key macroeconomic principles and today's actual business practices with this book's reader-friendly approach, carefully integrated learning features, memorable examples, and unique global emphasis. Timely revisions and the latest macroeconomic statistics ensure you are teaching using the most recent data and developments. Revised macroeconomics materials emphasize the fundamentals and the practical application of concepts to current events. New macroeconomics coverage highlights the recent financial crisis and its global implications. Your students gain in-depth understanding of globalization and its impact on economic growth and poverty. Effective, leading teaching and learning technology and a full range of supplements, including the best-selling Aplia™ homework system and CourseMate online tools, help you create a complete macroeconomics program that clarifies and emphasizes the importance of concepts for business success.
- UPDATED ECONOMIC INSIGHT BOXES EMPHASIZE THE RELEVANCE OF CONCEPTS TO CURRENT EVENTS. Fresh new Economic Insights throughout this edition highlight some of today's most current events to focus readers' attention on the relevance and real-world applications of the macroeconomics concepts in the chapter. These engaging features help students carefully consider a wide range of topics from an informed macroeconomic perspective.
- NEW AND UPDATED ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING AND COMMENTARY FEATURES HIGHLIGHT THE MACROECONOMIC IMPACT OF TODAY'S MOST IMPORTANT EVENTS. Introduce your students the macroeconomic causes and consequences of important world events with recent newspaper and magazine articles in this edition's updated and new Economically Speaking and Commentary features. These familiar, interesting, and memorable examples at the end of each chapter emphasize the importance of the material students are learning in your course.
- THE LATEST MACROECONOMIC STATISTICS THROUGHOUT THIS EDITION ENSURE YOU ARE TEACHING YOUR STUDENTS USING THE MOST CONTEMPORARY INFORMATION. Updates, numerous additions and timely revisions throughout all parts of this new edition represent the latest thinking from leading economists on important macroeconomic phenomena.
- NEW COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS THE RECENT FINANCIAL CRISIS AND ITS GLOBAL IMPLICATIONS. The authors have condensed the introduction, while providing abundant important coverage of the recent financial crisis as well as the associated recession and the central bank policies to counter its impact. A new section emphasizes how the financial crisis began in the United States before spreading globally.
- OPTIONAL COURSEMATE ONLINE RESOURCES SUPPORT INTERACTIVE LEARNING AND CLASS ENGAGEMENT. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed text and this new, optional text-specific website. This MACROECONOMICS CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools. CourseMate steps beyond the book to deliver an interactive eBook and engaging teaching and learning tools, including quizzes, flashcards, videos, and more. Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool, helps you monitor student engagement in your course.
- UNIQUE, PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES IMPROVE COMPREHENSION AND STUDENT PERFORMANCE. This popular text's one-of-a-kind, proven pedagogical program helps improve both comprehension and performance. Students attain the knowledge and skills to succeed in class and to develop an understanding of core macroeconomic principles essential for success throughout their careers.
- FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS DIRECT STUDENTS' FOCUS TO KEY ISSUES. As students read and prepare for class, this book's useful Fundamental Questions for each chapter help direct students' attention to key macroeconomics issues. Chapter summaries and the book's supplements further reinforce these themes and effectively guide students' study.
- CONVENIENT, INTEGRATED REFERENCING SYSTEM ENABLES STUDENTS TO WORK EFFICIENTLY. With this book's integrated referencing system, students can easily explore and review the macroeconomics topics they need, allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively.
- LEADING APLIA™ ONLINE HOMEWORK SYSTEM INCREASES STUDENT EFFORTS AND ENGAGEMENT. The most successful online product for economics is now fully integrated with this text. Aplia™ offers interactive tools to help prepare your economics students and increase student effort and engagement--without requiring more work from you, the instructor. Students stay on top of coursework with regularly scheduled homework assignments while Aplia's high quality automatic grading provides detailed, immediate feedback.
1. Economics: The World Around You.
Appendix: working with Graphs.
2. Choice, Opportunity Costs, and Specialization.
3. Markets, Demand and Supply, and the Price System.
4. The Market System and the Private and Public Sectors.
Part II: MACROECONOMIC BASICS.
5. National Income Accounting.
6. An Introduction to the Foreign Exchange market and the Balance of Payments.
7. Unemployment and Inflation.
8. Macroeconomic Equilibrium: Aggregate Demand and Supply.
9. Aggregate Expenditures.
Appendix: An Algebraic Model of Aggregate Expenditures.
10. Income and Expenditures Equilibrium.
Appendix: An Algebraic Model of Income and Expenditures Equilibrium.
Part III: MACROECONOMIC POLICY.
11. Fiscal Policy.
Appendix: An Algebraic Examination of the Balanced-Budget Change in Fiscal Policy.
12. Money and Banking.
13. Monetary Policy.
14. Macroeconomic Policy: Tradeoffs, Expectations, Credibility, and Sources of Business Cycles.
15. Macroeconomic Viewpoints: New Keynesian, Monetarist, and New Classical.
16. Economic Growth.
17. Development Economies.
Part IV: ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE.
34. World Trade Equilibrium.
35. International Trade Restrictions.
36. Exchange Rates and Financial Links Between Countries.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
An updated Test Bank offers a new style of questions, even more questions, and a new online testing system, powered by Cognero. This online tool allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. You can also create multiple test versions in an instant and easily deliver tests from your LMS to your classroom, or other locations.