Request for consultation
LEGAL TERMINOLOGY WITH FLASHCARDS, 4th Edition enables the beginning student to quickly grasp legal terminology through clear language and engaging repetition exercises. LEGAL TERMINOLOGY WITH FLASHCARDS, 4th Edition presents the content in an accessible way, so that students from any background can feel confident in their legal discourse, whether they're writing briefs, memorandums of law, bills of particulars, or other legal documents. Beginning with the use of a dictionary/thesaurus in each chapter, the student is immersed into nineteen separate areas of the law with phonetic pronunciations, definitions, usages, and spellings that facilitate the fastest approach to writing and speaking with the appropriate legal terms. Following mastery of each term in the dictionary/thesaurus, the student uses multiple learning formats (multiple choice, matching, fill in, true/false, sentence completion, synonym selection) to use and reuse 90-110 terms per chapter.
- The new "Case and Comment" features examine current legal topics such as: Mexican Immigration in Arizona, the fen-phen drug case, Claudia Cohen's Estate trial, child welfare, lung cancer misdiagnosis, Brook's Brothers Bow Tie Suit, Fox Television's FCC obscenity case, Obamacare, "Don't Ask Don't Tell" ban, Air Force Sexual Harassment, New York's luxury rent control laws, child support from same sex partners, Eminem's iTunes case, and alien torts. Each topic features a commentary for clarity and insight.
- With the addition of the all-new "Word Scramble" feature, there are at least 100 exercises per unit, bringing the textbook's total to 2,000+ exercises.
- "The Last Word" feature completes each unit with cutting-edge legal words and phrases such as: copyright troll, stock market "flash crash", heir hunters, frivolous lawsuits and tort reform, reverse mortgage, risk management, media law, internalizers, posthumous birth, birth tourism, and Madoff's Ponzi scheme.
- The text accommodates multiple learning styles by presenting exercises in a variety of formats.
- Helpful dictionary/thesaurus features at the beginning of each chapter facilitate the fast and accurate completion of all exercises.
- Phonetic spellings of terms make pronunciations exact and easier from the start.
- The "Term Search" feature at the end of each chapter enables students to perform a comprehensive review.
1: Civil Litigation (Pretrial).
2: Civil Litigation (Trial and Appeal).
3: Criminal Law and Procedure.
PART 2: CONSTITUTIONAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE LAW.
4: Constitutional Law.
5: Administrative Law.
PART 3: THE LAW OF TORTS.
6: Torts and Personal Injury.
PART 4: LAW OF CONTRACTS.
PART 5: THE LAW OF AGENCY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
9: Intellectual Property.
PART 6: TAX LAW, AND THE LAW OF WILLS, TRUSTS, AND ESTATES.
10: Tax Law.
11: Wills, Trusts, and Estates.
PART 7: REAL PROPERTY AND LANDLORD/TENANT LAW.
12: Real Property and Landlord/Tenant.
PART 8: FAMILY LAW.
13: Family Law.
PART 9: LEGAL ETHICS, INSURANCE, AND COMMERCIAL LAW.
14: Legal Ethics.
15: Insurance Law.
16: Commercial Law.
PART 10: BANKRUPTCY LAW, THE LAW OF CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS AND SOLE PROPRIETORSHIPS, AND Labor and Employment Law.
18: Corporations, Partnerships, and Sole Proprietorships.
19: Labor and Employment.
"The text is well-written and organized in a manner that is beneficial to teaching legal terminology. The numerous options for student exercises are helpful for teaching purposes and also extremely helpful for the students' review."
"Another great addition is the introduction of case summaries in the beginning of each chapter. It is helpful for students to see the use of legal terminology in actual court opinions. It gives students a real life setting in which they will be working."
"The overall comprehensive nature of the text in covering so many subject areas of law might make this a handy desk reference for a paralegal student, as well as a review for those programs requiring an exit exam or capstone course."
Online Instructor's Manual
The instructor's Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides answers to the text exercises and a complete listing of all terms that appear on the flashcards.
Premium Web site Instant Access
Premium Web site Instant Access