Request for consultation
Whether you are guiding beginners or experienced professionals, Green's 3-2-1 CODE IT! 6E offers today’s most comprehensive, easy-to-use medical coding guide with tools to keep instruction as current as possible. This best-selling book addresses the latest updates on ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT®, and HCPCS Level II coding sets, conventions, and guidelines. This well-organized, intuitive approach begins with diagnosis coding, then provides more in-depth instruction on coding procedures and services. You'll find coverage of both ICD-10 code sets as well as separate, thorough chapters on inpatient and outpatient coding. Extensive exercises, review, coding case studies, and study checklists prepare readers for earning coding credentials. Strategic career advancement tips help emerging professionals achieve more. An accompanying workbook, new MindTap® interactive digital learning experience, and EncoderPro.com software helps readers master today’s most current coding skills.
- UPDATES HIGHLIGHT THE LATEST ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT®, AND HCPCS LEVEL II CODE SETS, CONVENTIONS, AND GUIDELINES. This edition's up-to-the-minute content corresponds with the latest code changes, helping readers master coding skills needed for immediate certification and future professional success.
- NEW CONTENT FAMILIARIZES STUDENTS WITH OTHER IMPORTANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEMS AND DATABASES. Students examine ABC codes, CCC, CDT, DSM-V, HIPPS, ICD-O-3, ICF, LOINC, NDC, RxNorm, SNOMED, and UMLS.
- EARLY CHAPTERS HIGHLIGHT UPDATES IN ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS WHILE PRESENTING ICD-9-CM AS A LEGACY SYSTEM. Chapters 1-6 now present ICD-9-CM as a legacy classification system with coverage of general equivalence mappings (GEMs). Updated and new ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS content includes instructions from the ICD-10-CM Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines detailing how to select the principal procedure as well as the relation to the principal diagnosis when more than one procedure is performed. This edition also provides new coverage of DEEDS and OASIS data sets.
- NEW CONTENT EMPHASIZES FOUR NEW HCPCS MODIFIERS. In order to better define specific subsets of the -59 modifier, new information about four new HCPCS modifiers guides readers through providing additional information about a procedure or service.
- TIMELY CONTENT FOCUSED ON CPT® CATEGORY II AND III CODES PREPARES READERS TO WORK WITH EMERGING TECHNOLOGY AND SERVICES. Readers learn how to work with today’s most recent codes, including those added since the last printing of the CPT® coding manual.
- REVISED FORMS, EXAMPLES, RESOURCES, AND VISUALS FURTHER CLARIFY CONCEPTS. This edition offers the most up-to-date sample forms, meaningful examples, helpful web resources, and clear visual aids that provide readers with a working familiarity of routine coding activities.
- ENHANCED END-OF-CHAPTER STUDY AND REVIEW SECTIONS PREPARE READERS FOR CERTIFICATION EXAMS AND PROFESSIONAL CHALLENGES. This book offers more substantial end-of-chapter practice than any other book on the market, including helpful multiple-choice review and study questions and challenging coding case studies.
- REVISED AND ENHANCED MINDTAP® DIGITAL LEARNING SOLUTION PROVIDES AN ARRAY OF TOOLS AND APPS. From note taking to flashcards to quizzing and case studies, this interactive online tool helps you engage and transform today’s students into critical thinkers.
- COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS BOTH COMPUTER-ASSISTED CODING (CAC) AS WELL AS E&M CODING. Readers learn about the nuances of computer-assisted coding (CAC) to ensure accurate review and validation, while clear illustrations and solid explanations detail E&M coding for reimbursement.
- COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE DETAILS BOTH INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT CODING INFORMATION IN ONE RESOURCE. This all-in-one coding textbook devotes a full chapter to inpatient coding and another to outpatient coding. In addition, the author provides key coverage of insurance and reimbursement and coding conventions, guidelines, and procedures.
- INTERESTING EXAMPLES, NOTES, AND TIPS REINFORCE EACH CODING CONCEPT. Readers quickly retain and can easily review the book’s most important concepts with the proven, helpful learning features throughout this edition.
- HANDY TABLES ORGANIZE CODING CONVENTIONS IN AN "AT-A-GLANCE" FORMAT. These accessible tables offer instant tools for immediate and long-term reference and review.
- IMMEDIATE FOCUS ON CODING CAREERS EQUIPS READERS TO ADVANCE PROFESSIONALLY. Whether readers are beginning coders at the start of their coding careers or experienced professionals, this edition's opening chapter provides a useful career overview with corresponding exercises to help readers create effective resumes and become actively involved in professional associations and online forums.
- EXCLUSIVE ENCODERPRO.COM SOFTWARE GIVES READERS HANDS-ON PRACTICE USING A LEADING WEB-BASED CODING TOOL. Readers learn how to use leading commercial software to look up codes in seconds and save time while still complying with today’s demanding coding guidelines.
- MOST UP-TO-DATE, ACCURATE INFORMATION ON CODING GUIDELINES PREPARES READERS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS. This edition details the most recent information on the latest coding guidelines and today’s certification requirements.
2. Introduction to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding.
3. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Conventions.
4. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines.
5. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Hospital Inpatient Coding.
6. ICD-10-CM Physician Office and Outpatient Coding.
7. HCPCS Level II National Coding.
8. Introduction to CPT Coding.
9. CPT Evaluation and Management.
10. CPT Anesthesia
11. CPT Surgery I.
12. CPT Surgery II.
13. CPT Surgery III.
14. CPT Surgery IV.
15. CPT Surgery V.
16. CPT Radiology.
17. CPT Pathology and Laboratory.
18. CPT Medicine.
19. Insurance and Reimbursement.
Appendix I. E/M CodeBuilder.
Appendix II. Coding Practice Using www.EncoderPro.com.
Quick Notes: Inpatient ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding; Outpatient ICD-10-CM Coding; CPT Coding.
“Easy to understand, MindTap is awesome, numerous exercises”
“The tables within each of the chapters are very helpful. Also, the notes within the chapter help the student understand the specific point about the information discussed. The questions after each section help the students practice their coding skills.”
“I think that the pedagogical features are a great aspect of this textbook. I love how the objectives are easy to comprehend and the review questions are straight to the point. The notes and examples are a big help when I am trying to explain a concept. I am constantly telling my students to add the examples and notes to their coding manuals.”
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. Create multiple test versions in an instant, and then deliver tests from your LMS, classroom, or wherever you want.