Request for consultation
Perfect for instructors who take a practical, skill-building approach to teaching leadership, the seventh edition of LEADERSHIP provides an ideal balance of essential theory and real-world applications. Andrew DuBrin, a highly respected author and consultant, incorporates the latest research on leadership and current business practices from academic journals and popular periodicals. The text provides students with a strong practical foundation by introducing leaders they can relate to and reinforcing their knowledge with frequent skill-building activities. Key updates include new opening vignettes and end-of-chapter cases, numerous additional skill-building exercises, and video discussion questions at the end of each chapter. An all-new CourseMate interactive study tool site features additional video content, premium quizzing, and links to both the Career Transitions job search tool and Cengage's KnowNOW blog, which is constantly updated and provides an intuitive view of current events.
- NEW COURSMATE SITE. To better promote student learning, the end-of-chapter content now includes several new guidelines for action and skill-building, while an all-new CourseMate interactive study tool site features additional video content, premium quizzing, and links to both the Career Transitions job search tool and Cengage's KnowNOW blog, which is constantly updated and provides an intuitive view of current events.
- NEW OPENING VIGNETTES introduce nearly every chapter by illustrating concepts and theories students will encounter as they read, providing a useful real-world context to help students approach the material more effectively and master it more readily.
- Most end-of-chapter case problems, skill-building exercises, and examples are either new or thoroughly updated, and they feature a more diverse selection of leaders likely to appeal to today's students, including leaders outside the corporate limelight, middle managers from large firms, small-business owners, and leaders in professional sports.
- Updated Leader in Action boxes describe the leadership practices, behaviors, and personal attributes of real-world leaders students are likely to know and relate to, and each box concludes with questions relating the leader to key concepts from the current chapter.
- Integrated throughout the text, new and updated Leadership Self-Assessment and Leadership Skill-Building Exercises help students understand and develop key leadership skills, while new Video Discussion Questions at the end of each chapter direct students to watch a video relevant to the chapter's topic, followed by class discussion questions.
- Interesting and highly relevant real-life and hypothetical examples throughout the text illustrate key concepts and theories to help students better understand the material and appreciate its practical applications.
- Special features such as Guidelines for Action and Skill-Development and Leadership Portfolio provide students with practical, step-by-step guidance to help them become more effective leaders.
- Two Leadership Case Problems in each chapter illustrate major themes covered in the text by presenting interesting, relevant real-life examples and providing associated activities to help students develop their own leadership knowledge and skills.
2. Traits, Motives, and Characteristics of Leaders.
3. Charismatic and Transformational Leadership.
4. Leadership Behaviors, Attitudes, and Styles.
5. Contingency and Situational Leadership.
6. Leadership Ethics and Social Responsibility.
7. Power, Politics, and Leadership.
8. Influence Tactics of Leaders.
9. Developing Teamwork.
10. Motivation and Coaching Skills.
11. Creativity, Innovation, and Leadership.
12. Communication and Conflict Resolution Skills.
13. Strategic Leadership and Knowledge Management.
14. International and Culturally Diverse Aspects of Leadership.
15. Leadership Development and Succession.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The video package focuses on important leadership and teamwork skills and concepts found throughout the text. A Video Guide with segment overviews and discussion questions also is available.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom or wherever you want!