Request for consultation
Accessible and user-friendly, LANDSCAPE SURVEYING, Second Edition prepares students to easily apply the principles and methods of surveying in a variety of occupational settings. Through illustrations, examples, and sample problems, students will not only learn methods for measuring distances and angles and completing surveys, but will also learn to determine which method is best suited for specific situations. With coverage of relevant terms, methodologies, equipment, and topography, this text provides students with a practical guide to landscape surveying that does not require a civil engineering or advanced math degree.
- A NEW chapter on determining areas has been added.
- Sample problems and examples for each chapter have been included.
- Updated information throughout the text.
- A comprehensive glossary helps students grasp difficult terms more easily.
- Examples and sample problems help students apply their knowledge for better comprehension.
- Practical methods for measuring distances, angles and completing surveys that do not require higher levels of math make this an accessible and appealing text.
- Numerous illustrations throughout the text illustrate methods and concepts for a more thorough understanding.
3. Public Land Survey System.
4. Distance Measuring.
5. Differential Leveling.
6. Profile Leveling.
8. Topographic Surveying.
9. Traverse Surveys.
10. Global Positioning Systems.
11. Determining Area.
"The author does a great job of making this easy and enjoyable to read. This can be a very dry subject and one that I find difficult at some points, as the students tend to get bogged down in all the terminology, math and potential depth of the subject. The author makes it more interesting while sprinkling in some of the history, and explaining it so that anyone can understand."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
The Instructor's Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, answers to review questions, and references.