Request for consultation
This comprehensive text provides three semesters of keyboarding and word processing instruction. COLLEGE KEYBOARDING, 17th Edition: KEYBOARDING & WORD PROCESSING COMPLETE COURSE includes all 120 lessons in one convenient text, so students can advance from beginner to expert user without having to change texts.
- The text includes all new instructions to support Microsoft Word 2007 and provides tips for a smooth transition into the new software.
- MCAS competencies are covered for Microsoft Word 2007 to prepare students for certification.
- The text correlates to the new all-in-one Keyboarding Pro Deluxe software, which teaches and reviews keyboarding skills in the first 25 lessons and then checks the speed and accuracy of timed writings, drills, and formatting and accuracy for almost every document created in Microsoft Word for lessons 26-120.
- The most up-to-date formats are explained and illustrated with callouts for proper placements.
- Proofreading, formatting, composition, and word processing skills are reinforced as students work through projects independently to apply what they have learned.
- Supplemental lessons called Skill Builders provide extra practice to strengthen skills using the Keyboarding Pro Deluxe software.
- Communication Skill activities provide extra practice and reinforce language arts skills such as proofreading, capitalization, and composition.
- The text design carefully distinguishes activities to eliminate confusion when learning various applications.
- Technique Tips throughout each lesson give students hints to increase their keying proficiency.
- The Style Guide provides easy access to model documents.
- Modules covering newsletters and employability skills ensure that students have the skills they need to succeed in today's business world.
- Placement tests help pinpoint student skill level.
- Correct keyboarding skills are emphasized with pictures and standard highlighted directions for easy comprehension.
The Latest Word in Keyboarding.
Welcome to Windows and Vista.
Welcome to Keyboarding Pro Deluxe.
Level 1: DEVELOPING KEYBOARDING SKILL.
Module 1. Alphabetic Keys.
Module 2. Figure and Symbol Keys.
Level 2: DOCUMENT FORMATS.
Module 3. Word 2007 Basics.
Module 4. Memos, E-mail, and Letters.
Module 5. Reports.
Module 6. Create Tables.
Module 7. Review and Edit Documents.
Module 8. Graphics and Newsletters.
Module 9. TruAcc, Inc.
Level 3: DOCUMENT DESIGN MASTERY.
Module 10. Apply Basic Commands.
Module 11. Layout Memos, E-mail, and Letters.
Module 12. Organize Tables.
Module 13. Report Mastery.
Module 14. Visual Content.
Module 15. Merge Documents.
Module 16. Palm Beach Pet Center I.
Level 4: ADVANCED DOCUMENT PROCESSING.
Module 17. Organize Content.
Module 18. Collaborate and Review.
Module 19. Customize Templates and Styles.
Module 20. Share and Secure Content.
Module 21. Employability Skills.
Module 22. Palm Beach Pet Center II.
"I do like the way the books are organized. It is easy to find information by using the index and/or table of contents. I love the reference pages in the back of the book. I teach my students to always look things up. By having the info in one place, makes it easy for my students. I like the exercises that force a student to look up formatting. So many times the students just want to type right from the book without making decisions. In the beginning lessons, I like how the new keys and information are introduced. I love KeyPro."
"This software is the foundation of all four of our keyboarding courses, especially the self-paced courses. We like it very much."
"We have always used South-Western keyboarding books. To us at Columbus State Community College, they are the ’signature’ keyboarding books. We have always liked the layout and color schemes presented."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, solution files, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.