Request for consultation
Created through a “student-tested, faculty-approved” review process, IPC is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of today’s learners at a value-based price.
- Updated to reflect the proliferation of new research in interpersonal communication, IPC2 includes nearly 250 new references from the past two years as well as discussion of numerous social media platforms, including Facebook, Reddit, Hotmail, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, among others.
- IPC2 introduces several new features in each chapter that address interpersonal communications in the workplace/careers and in the wider community, and illustrate communication theories relatable with examples.
- A new chapter on “Family, Close Friends, and Romantic Partners” discusses family history, types of families in modern society, friendships and their stages and the impact that culture has on each of these.
- IPC2 has been updated with the latest information on immigration and diversity in the U.S.; communication and technology, including information overload and issues related to the explosion of online communication and social media; and updated research on violence and bullying.
- CourseMate for IPC2 has been ENHANCED with a practice quiz generator to help students prepare for tests. This new practice quiz provides a ten question quick randomly drawn from a large bank of questions, so students never get the same quiz twice. Also, a variety of NEW trackable activities provides your students the opportunity to expand their knowledge with higher-level activities, while providing you easy access to data and reports on their progress and where they need more help through Engagement Tracker.
- The key defining feature of this text is a true blend of theory with skills. Each chapter opens with a scenario in that illustrates the concepts presented in that chapter. This serves to put the concepts in context before the student even begins to work through the material.
- Closely related to this idea of theory and research is this idea of making choices. As individuals we are constantly making communication choices that have direct effects on our lives. The text will highlight this idea of choices throughout a definitive text and technology feature.
- An innovative combination of content delivery both in print and online provides a core text and a wealth of comprehensive multimedia teaching and learning assets based on input from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with faculty and students.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Chapter in Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students with a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor’s Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- A full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles is available to students with the purchase of a new book. Quizzes, video podcasts, and more are only a click away.
2. Communication, Culture, and Identity.
3. Communication, Perception, and the Self.
4. Communicating Verbally.
5. Communicating Nonverbally.
6. Listening and Responding Effectively.
7. Communicating and Emotion.
8. Sharing Personal Information.
9. Communicating Conflict.
10. Communicating in Close Relationships.
11. Communicating in Context: Families, Friends, and Romantic Partners.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® for West/Turner's IPC
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom's Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the IPC 3 Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.