Request for consultation
Do you want to learn how to write your own cool and exciting video games? VIDEO GAME PROGRAMMING FOR KIDS teaches young video game enthusiasts how to program video games with QB64, a simple and free version of the BASIC programming language. Written specifically for kids ages 8-12, the book requires no programming experience and uses simple concepts, fun games, and easy to-understand language to teach introductory programming techniques. Read, tested, and approved by kid reviewers, each chapter focuses on a single programming concept, and most of the example games do not require additional downloads to run. You'll be writing your own games in no time! Are you ready to get started?
- Designed specifically for pre-teens (ages 8-12) or young teens with an easy-to-follow presentation using humor that will keep you having fun on every page!
- Brief chapters each focus on a single programming concept using one memorable example.
- No prior experience with any type of programming tool is required.
- The QB64 software that this book uses is available at no cost and does not even require installation.
2. Big Mean Kitty Chases Cute Little Dog [simple graphics].
3. Save the Hangman [simple game].
4. Finding Secret Pirate Treasure [timed game].
5. Let's Go Fishing [complex graphics].
6. Backpack Attack [first real time game].
7. Fighting Scary Robots that like to say "Exterminate!" [audio chapter].
8. Super Squirt Gun versus the Lizard [getting player input].
9. You Forgot Your Combination!? [doing math].
10. You Big Ant Stomping Meanie [arrays].
11. Beetles Are Kind of Dumb (but let's be nice to them) [game logic].
12. Driving Like Crazy [serious collision game].
13. Catch The Parachute Guy!