Request for consultation
Demonstrate how empirical researchers apply econometric methods to answer questions across a variety of disciplines. The practical, professional approach in Wooldridge's INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS: A MODERN APPROACH, 6E is organized around the type of data being analyzed, using a systematic approach that introduces assumptions only when needed to obtain a certain result. This approach is easier for students to comprehend. Timely applications and examples demonstrate impact on policy and support or disprove economic theories. More than 100 data sets are available in six formats for your flexibility. New and revised author-written resources include an Instructor's Manual with Solutions, teaching tips, suggestions for using data files, updated PowerPoint® and Scientific Word® slides, and a current Data Set Handbook with the latest developments. Give students a full understanding of how econometrics answers questions in business, policy evaluation, and forecasting with INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS: A MODERN APPROACH, 6E.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS THE LATEST EMERGING DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIELD. Updated examples throughout this edition and coverage of the latest advances in econometrics today clearly illustrate how chapter concepts apply and add value to actual practice in today's business world.
- DATA SETS IN SIX DIFFERENT FORMATS OFFER FLEXIBILITY IN INTRODUCING STUDENTS TO INFORMATION FOR COMPLETING ASSIGNMENTS. With more than 100 data sets in six different formats, including R, Stata®, Minitab®, Microsoft® Excel, Text and EViews, you have the flexibility and instant access you need in the format you prefer to use while teaching. For your convenience, all data sets are available on the book's companion website.
- NEW DATA SETS PROVIDE ENGAGING EMPIRICAL EXAMPLES. New data sets include county-level data on murder rates and capital punishment and information on student performance and attending a Catholic high school. These data sets can address timely policy questions in crime and education. Another new data set includes information on presidential approval ratings and economic variables, including gasoline prices. Yet another new data set on student performance and family structure allows readers to test whether students from two-parent households perform better in school.
- UPDATED DATA SET HANDBOOK MAKES USE OF DATA SETS SIMPLE AND CONVENIENT. This unique handbook, created by the book's author, lists all data sets from the latest edition of the text for quick reference. Each data set entry indicates the original source, when possible; lists where it appears in the text; and when applicable, guides you in using the data set to generate new homework exercises, exam problems, or term projects. The author also provides suggestions on improving the data sets in this detailed resource, which is available on the book's companion website.
- REVISED INSTRUCTOR'S MANUAL WITH SOLUTIONS SAVES TIME IN PREPARATION AND GRADING. The Instructor's Manual with Solutions contains answers to all exercises with teaching tips on presenting the material in each chapter. The Instructor's Manual also contains sources for each of the data files with suggestions for using the data to develop problem sets, exams, and term papers. The Instructor's Manual is available for convenient download on the password-protected section of the book's companion website.
- UPDATED POWERPOINT® SLIDES BRING LECTURES TO LIFE WHILE VISUALLY CLARIFYING CONCEPTS. Exceptional PowerPoint® presentation slides, created specifically for this edition, help you create engaging, memorable lectures. The slides are particularly useful for clarifying advanced topics in Part 3. You can modify or customize the slides for your specific course. PowerPoint® slides are available for convenient download on the instructor-only, password-protected section of the book's companion website.
- UPDATED SCIENTIFIC WORD® SLIDES REINFORCE TEXT CONCEPTS AND LECTURE PRESENTATIONS. Created by text author, Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, new Scientific Word® slides reinforce the book's PowerPoint® slides while highlighting the benefits of Scientific Word®, the application created by MacKichan software, Inc. for specifically composing mathematical, scientific and technical documents using LaTeX typesetting. These animated slides are based on the text author's actual successful lectures and are available for convenient download on the password-protected section of the book's companion website.
- COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE ENSURES UNDERSTANDING IN CRITICAL AREAS OF ECONOMETRICS. This edition continues to offer trusted, comprehensive coverage with expanded discussions of prediction after transformation, missing data, unbalanced panel data sets, and weak instruments.
- PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS PREPARE STUDENTS TO USE ECONOMETRICS TO RESOLVE CHALLENGES IN BUSINESS TODAY. This unique, comprehensive text applies econometrics to actual business problems, demonstrating how each method answers a particular issue facing researchers who are analyzing non-experimental data.
- UNIQUE ORGANIZATION PIONEERED BY THE AUTHOR CLEARLY PRESENTS APPLICATIONS FOR TODAY'S STUDENTS. This complete econometrics text was the first to explicitly cover cross-sectional applications first, followed by time series applications, and, ultimately, panel data applications in the advanced chapters.
- EXPANSIVE DATA SETS OFFER VARIED OPPORTUNITY FOR HANDS-ON PRACTICE. This edition's large and varied data sets, available in six different formats (R, Stata®, Minitab®, Microsoft® Excel, Text and EViews), give your students practical experience working with statistics in an engaging assortment of real business situations. For your convenience, the more than 100 data sets are available on the book's companion website.
Part I: REGRESSION ANALYSIS WITH CROSS-SECTIONAL DATA.
2. The Simple Regression Model.
3. Multiple Regression Analysis: Estimation.
4. Multiple Regression Analysis: Inference.
5. Multiple Regression Analysis: OLS Asymptotics.
6. Multiple Regression Analysis: Further Issues.
7. Multiple Regression Analysis with Qualitative Information: Binary (or Dummy) Variables.
9. More on Specification and Data Problems.
Part II: REGRESSION ANALYSIS WITH TIME SERIES DATA.
10. Basic Regression Analysis with Time Series Data.
11. Further Issues in Using OLS with Time Series Data.
12. Serial Correlation and Heteroskedasticity in Time Series Regressions.
Part III: ADVANCED TOPICS.
13. Pooling Cross Sections Across Time: Simple Panel Data Methods.
14. Advanced Panel Data Methods.
15. Instrumental Variables Estimation and Two Stage Least Squares.
16. Simultaneous Equations Models.
17. Limited Dependent Variable Models and Sample Selection Corrections.
18. Advanced Time Series Topics.
19. Carrying Out an Empirical Project.
Appendix A: Basic Mathematical Tools.
Appendix B: Fundamentals of Probability.
Appendix C: Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics.
Appendix D: Summary of Matrix Algebra.
Appendix E: The Linear Regression Model in Matrix Form.
Appendix F: Answers to Exploring Further Chapter Exercises.
Appendix G: Statistical Tables.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Wooldridge's Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere. You have the flexibility to include your own favorite test questions, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.