Request for consultation
This best-selling text creates an awareness and appreciation for the effect that law has on virtually every facet of modern life and society. Beginning with a detailed look at the organization of the U.S. system of government, the text guides students through each of the primary substantive areas of law with realistic assignments, relevant ethical considerations, and easy-to-understand judicial opinions that reinforce chapter topics. From fundamental concepts to emerging legal topics, INTRODUCTION TO LAW presents the terminology, principles, and cases that are having an impact on society--and on many professions--today.
- This up-to-the-minute revision features new cases, assignments, and examples.
- New material throughout the text addresses the impact of technological advancement and electronic media in the various areas of law including business, torts, property, and criminal law.
- An updated supplements package ties text material more closely than ever to a range of technology resources, including the new CourseMate.
- Realistic examples with discussion points facilitate the development of critical thinking skills.
- Assignments based on actual situations allow students to build a solid understanding of the principles as they are applied in practice.
- Ethical vignettes allow students to see how one circumstance can produce both legal and ethical issues that can in turn impact the future of the professional involved.
- To highlight the real-world application of text topics, each chapter begins with a relevant news article.
- The text includes Internet assignments that facilitate the development of vitally important Internet research skills.
2. The Courts.
4. The Executive Branch and Administrative Authority.
5. Substantive and Procedural Issues.
7. The Legal Professional.
8. The Law of Ethics.
10. Family Law.
11. Estates and Probate.
12. Property Law.
13. The Law of Contracts.
14. The Law of Business.
15. Criminal Law.
16. Criminal Procedure.
A. The Constitution of the United States.
B. NALA Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
C. NALA Model Standards and Guidelines for Utilization of Legal Assistants.
D. National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. Model Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and Guidelines for Enforcement.
"My reaction to this textbook is very favorable. It was a great review of legal concepts and I can see students enjoying this book. It is well-written and straightforward; it is a high-quality product. If I had to recommend a book for paralegal students, this would be near the top of my list."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual
Serves as an instructional resources and provides chapter outlines, lecture keys, assignments answer key, review questions answer key, application points for discussion answer key, case briefs, test bank, and test bank answer key. Available via www.cengage.com/community/paralegal.
The Instructor Resources CD-Rom includes: Instructor's Manual, Computerized Testbank in ExamView, and Customizable PowerPoint ™ Presentations.
Paralegal CourseMate Instant Access Code
CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
WebTutor™ on Angel Instant Access Code
Paralegal CourseMate Instant Access Code
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.
Flash Cards Instant Access
Flash cards are effective study aids especially when you only have a limited amount of time. These flash cards work with your title and can help you to review and learn essential terms and key concepts. This is instant access product; at the completion of your purchase, simply go to "My Home" and gain immediate access to your product. Note: If you have purchased CourseMate for your title, flash cards are already included.