Request for consultation
The global business environment is rapidly changing because of shifts in geopolitical alliances, active roles of global institutions, and advances in information technology. Gaspar et al. INTRODUCTION TO GLOBAL BUSINESS, 1E introduces the comprehensive foundational and functional tools to better prepare students for a global business landscape. As part of the functional approach, the text flows smoothly and clearly from concept to application, asking students to implement their learning into real-world personal and professional applications. The specialized author team introduces globalization through unparalleled scholarship and a world-view presentation of the fundamental pillars of the global landscape – culture, ethics, economic, and information technology. The purpose of this book is to introduce students to these principles in an engaging, current, and relevant way in the hope that they may develop the knowledge for successful careers in a globalized business landscape. Ensure that your students understand the procedures and concepts they need to know with CengageNow for INTRODUCTION TO GLOBAL BUSINESS. CengageNOW, an online course management and learning system, combines the best of current technology to save time in planning and managing your course and assignments. You can reinforce comprehension with customized student learning paths and efficiently test and automatically grade assignments with reports that correspond to AACSB standards. CengageNOW for INTRODUCTION TO GLOBAL BUSINESS includes LivePlan from Palo Alto Software, a proven web-based business plan software that allows your students produce a professional-grade business plan through software used by real entrepreneurs. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Cultural Perspectives: Each chapter opens with a cultural perspective vignette highlighting a different global culture and how that culture affects the global business landscape.
- Develop an International Strategy for Your Own Small Business: Focusing on an entrepreneurial spirit, this feature guides students through developing a strategic business plan to compete globally. By the end of the semester, they should have something concrete to take out into the business world.
- Learning Objectives: Marginal Learning Objectives emphasize key points for student comprehension.
- InfoTrac® Student Collections are specialized databases expertly drawn from the Gale Academic One library. Each InfoTrac® Student Collection enhances the student learning experience in the specific course area related to the product. These specialized databases allow access to hundreds of scholarly and popular publications - all reliable sources - including journals, encyclopedias, and academic reports. Learn more and access at: http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Reality Checks: Tied to Learning Objectives, the Reality Checks project academic concepts into a real-world context by asking students to consider the implications and benefits that specific global business fundamentals have had in their lives, in their larger community, or in the global business climate as a whole. As a marginal benefit, the Reality Checks also denote the completion of a learning objective section – creating clear concise learning modules within each chapter.
- Economic Perspectives: With the valuable interconnectedness of the global economy, the economic perspectives boxed feature delves deeper into the critical understanding of economic issues facing tomorrow's business leaders.
- Ethical Perspectives: As seen in recent years and as we broaden our global scope in business, ethical decision making can help create sustainable business practices across the globe. Because ethics varies from country to country, the ethical perspectives boxed feature helps students get a handle on the diverse business environment they are about to embark on.
- Mini-cases: Mini-cases highlight specific companies to help bring the chapter concepts alive.
- Point-CounterPoint: Honing in on the necessary critical thinking skills to make intelligent and ethical business decisions, the point-counterpoint provides insight into the varying perspectives of a controversial business issue and asks students to make a choice and support their decision.
- Interpreting Global Business News: Understanding the world around you is a critical element to success in global business. This feature guides student through the (sometimes complicated) nuances of what is happening in global business news.
- Portfolio Projects: Explore Your Own Case in Point and Develop an International Strategy for Your Own Small Business projects allow students an opportunity to research and discover more about a global organization. Through guided answers as the end of each chapter, students will essentially develop their own case surrounding one institution. This comprehensive project is meant to be developed over the course of the semester.
1. The Rise of Globalization.
2. The Evolution of International Business.
3. Regional Economic Integration.
4. The International Flow of Funds and Exchange Rates.
Part II: Global Business Environment.
5. The Cultural Environment of Global Business.
6. The Legal, Economic and Political Environment of Global Business.
7. Corruption and Ethics in Global Business.
Part III: Global Business Strategy and Organization.
8. Entry Strategies in Global Business.
9. Control of Global Business.
10. The Organization of Global Business.
Part IV: Managing Global Business.
11. Global Human Resource Management.
12. Global Marketing.
13. Global Operations and Supply-Chain Management.
14. Global Financial Management.
15. Global Accounting and Taxation.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The video compilation includes footage that will bring the global business landscape to life. Featured are issues such as international trade, the rise of BRIC as economic giants, Sriracha Hot Sauce, the Cuban economy, Mercosur, outsourcing and expat living, and corporate global expansion. The DVD will be accompanied by a guide with open-ended discussion questions, as well as online media questions that can be easily assigned as homework and will appear in MindTap.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.