Request for consultation
Demystify and accurately interpret the National Electrical Code®! Help your students master all sections of the 2011 National Electrical Code® (NEC®) with the accurate, thorough coverage found only in Surbrook/Althouse's INTERPRETING THE NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE®, 9E. This easy-to-understand, trusted text explains all sections of the National Electrical Code® using meaningful examples and illustrations that your students can readily understand, with valuable insights into all articles of the Code®. Special sections highlight the most important changes from the last version of the Code®, allowing readers to navigate easily through new 2011 NEC® requirements. The authors explain each article in detail with thorough discussions, practical examples that illustrate how the Code® is applied, and sample Code® calculations taken from actual field applications. In addition, the authors integrate essential wiring information not directly addressed in the NEC®, but extremely useful to electricians in the field. You will find all the time-saving resources you need to lead a successful course with this edition's complete Instructor Resources, including anInstructor's Manual, Computerized Test Bank, Image Gallery, and PowerPoint slides to bring your lectures to life.
- The authors apply their first-hand abilities as educators and professional electricians to interpret NEC® content and the changes in the 2011 NEC®.
- A special section clearly outlines changes from the last edition of the NEC® to speed your students' understanding of the new requirements. This section eliminates the need for a separate reference on Code® changes.
- This design and presentation help capture your students' interest and further clarify the text's helpful illustrations and thorough written explanations.
- The authors emphasize the most recent NEC® changes as well as their significance to promote understanding of how the Code® is both interpreted and applied in specific field situations.
- The book's proven methods help your students better understand Code® requirements for performing electrical calculations by emphasizing the common calculations a professional typically encounters in everyday wiring.
- Dynamic illustrations in this edition provide numerous references to Code® sections to guide your students to efficiently find information throughout the Code®. The illustrations further help your students gain an understanding of a typical application of a particular Code® section.
- This edition offers two sets of practical questions and problems: Beginning Worksheets for journey electrician level and those studying for the journey electrician exam; and Advanced Worksheets for the master electrician level and students preparing for that exam.
- This edition continues to provide a wealth of useful, efficient electronic Instructor Resources, including an Instructor's Manual with detailed lesson plans and Code® references, PowerPoint® slides to bring your lectures to life, a complete Image Gallery to assist in visually clarifying concepts, and a comprehensive, trusted Computerized Test Bank to assess student understanding.
2. Wire, Raceway, and Box Sizing.
3. Outlets, Lighting, Appliances, and Heating.
4. Services and Feeder Calculations.
5. Grounding and Bonding.
6. Overcurrent Protection.
7. Motor-Circuit Wiring.
9. Hazardous Location Wiring.
10. Health Care Facilities.
11. Emergency and Alternate Power Systems.
12. Industrial Electrical Applications.
13. Commercial Wiring Applications.
14. Special Applications Wiring.
Index Including Coding Articles.
Annex, Metric Conversion Tables.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
The Instructor Resources commonly includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.