Request for consultation
Written by Julia T. Wood, one of the communication field's leading scholars, INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION: EVERYDAY ENCOUNTERS, 7E, actively engages students in interpersonal theories, ethics, and the understanding of social diversity while fostering skills students will apply in their everyday encounters. This new seventh edition integrates the latest communication research and devotes more attention to and provides additional exercises on active learning.
- The seventh edition includes an increased emphasis on active learning.
- The "Engage Ideas" feature includes a question to engage students in active learning and a question to encourage students to connect chapter material to workplace content.
- In each chapter, strengthened attention to the workplace includes integrated research on on-the-job communication.
- Findings from more than 175 new sources reflect the latest research related to interpersonal communication.
- There is an emphasis on active learning with the "Everyday Applications" margin feature. The "Everyday Applications" icons point students to additional active learning exercises at the end of the chapter.
- "Assess Your Learning" review questions invite students to engage actively in further reflection and discussion of ideas.
- The "Engage Ideas" feature provides an increased emphasis on active learning and workplace application. At the end of each chapter, two questions are included--one question to engage students in active learning and one question to encourage students to connect chapter material to workplace content.
- Findings from more than 175 new sources reflect the latest research, such as the impact of validating communication between parents and adolescent children, new research demonstrating the success and failure rates of long-distance dating relationships, new coverage of forgiveness in relationships, and new attention to "family words" (invented words that enhance family cohesiveness).
- A robust CourseMate features a variety of resources that are mapped to key communication learning concepts as well as to specific chapter learning lists. Resources include an enhanced eBook, audio study tools, chapter downloads, interactive video activities, self-assessments, and Web resources available with the text.
1. A First Look at Interpersonal Communication.
2. Communication and Personal Identity.
3. Perception and Communication.
4. The World of Words.
5. The World Beyond Words.
6. Mindful Listening.
Part II: WEAVING COMMUNICATION INTO RELATIONSHIPS.
7. Emotions and Communication.
8. Communication Climate: The Foundation of Personal Relationships.
9. Managing Conflict in Relationships.
10. Friendships in Our Lives.
11. Committed Romantic Relationships.
12. Communication in Families.
Epilogue: Continuing the Conversation.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access for Wood's Interpersonal Communication: Everyday Encounters is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate test bank content from the INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION: EVERYDAY ENCOUNTERS, 8e test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.