Request for consultation
INTERNET MARKETING & E-COMMERCE emphasizes the rigor of Internet marketing – not just the hype – combining state of the art research, practices of leading online marketing companies, and an in-depth look at the special advantages available online. INTERNET MARKETING & e-COMMERCE shows how the Internet is creating value for customers and profits for companies, while also fitting into an organization's complete marketing strategy. Building on the foundation of Hanson's widely acclaimed Principles of Internet Marketing, and reflecting the lessons and new opportunities of "Web 2.0," INTERNET MARKETING & e-COMMERCE provides coverage of Internet marketing practices for organizations of all types: traditional large companies, small businesses, charities, and online start-ups.
- SEARCH MARKETING AND KEYWORD ADVERTISING: A detailed treatment of one of the most important online marketing developments of the past few years, keyword advertising is directly tied to customer acquisition alternatives and customer lifetime value.
- Leading Scholars and Successful Business Ventures: Not only does the new edition include up-to-date coverage, but also includes new research from leading academics, and the lessons learned from successful and unsuccessful online companies giving readers the opportunity to learn from a companies mistakes and successes.
- CUSTOMER EQUITY & BRAND BUILDING: The Web Business Models chapter matches Internet strategy and tactics to customer acquisition, retention, and development. The Online Branding chapter focuses on building brands online, an especially valuable opportunity for traditional package goods and brand-oriented companies. Usability and site design decisions are based on these fundamental organization goals.
- IN-DEPTH E-COMMERCE COVERAGE: Chapters on Internet Retailing, Consumer Channels, B2B e-Commerce and Market Research provide a comprehensive treatment of e-commerce topics. Major points include channel growth and economics, online commerce success factors, multi-channel shopping, channel conflict, consumer education, reaching new markets, and required operational systems.
- INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS: With Asian countries leading broadband development, Europe leading in mobile devices, and the U.S. still leading in online services, the book reflects the truly global nature of the Internet today.
- Internet Strategy: The Principles of Internet Marketing does not focus on the Internet as a separate entity, but fits Internet strategy into the organization's overall marketing framework.
- Focus of the Internet: Gives students a solid understanding of the technology behind the Internet and of how technological change alters marketing strategies and tactics. The text also teaches how the use of the Internet can improve quality and customer support, allows companies to personalize products and messages, generate traffic, build community, price in real-time, and create new channels.
2. A Digital World.
4. Individuals Online.
PART II: ESSENTIAL SKILLS.
5. Web Business Models.
6. Online Branding.
7. Usability, Credibility, Persuasion.
8. Traffic Building.
10. Creating Commitment.
11. Innovation and the Net.
12. Pricing in an Online World.
PART III: e-COMMERCE.
13. Internet Retailing.
14. Consumer Channels.
15. B2B eCommerce.
16. Online Research.
17. Organizing for Online Marketing.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Microsoft PowerPoint slides let you incorporate images from the book right into your lectures.
The Instructor's Manual contains resources designed to streamline and maximize the effectiveness of your course preparation.