Request for consultation
International marketing, with the student in mind. International Marketing, 3e provides an in-depth analysis of international marketing, adopting a strategic, applications-oriented approach to country- and region-specific environments. These are illustrated, in the text and in the case studies, with interviews conducted with international and local marketing managers and with marketing theorists who uphold different international marketing philosophies. The text offers an understanding of international marketing theory and practice within a constantly-changing and increasingly-complex global environment, with compelling company and marketing illustrations throughout.
- 11 Revised Cases and 8 New Long Cases: In order to remain current in a discipline in which cases can quickly become dated, certain cases were revised and often also repositioned. The new cases address current and trendy topics: iPhone, transshipments, emerging market challenges, YouTube as an international phenomenon, and include illustrations from around the world.
- Complete and Thorough Updates: Students expect current examples. The text material helps them present themselves as knowledgeable of important current developments in international marketing to their future employers.
- New and More Marketing Illustrations: These aid the reader to better retain concepts and ideas learned in the text.
- Places reader in the environment with international experiences illustrated throughout. Rather than examples from online sources, this text offers first-hand colorful examples from the author’s very own daily living experiences in international settings. Examples are drawn from her 2007 visit to China, Tibet, and Taiwan, and life in Germany, and her 2006 experience living in Austria and traveling throughout Western and Eastern Europe. She also provides examples from her previous travel and living experiences in North Africa and the Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
- Lively current examples: this text sells students on international marketing with interesting, fun (sometimes wild!) examples that appeal to them, and which they can relate to.
- Unique sources: Many examples were taken first hand from international businesses and consumers. Some of the cases and the brief company illustrations include information from interviews with marketing managers from those companies. Some of the material is inspired by foreign-language online sources, fashion, and music magazines.
1: Scope, Concepts, and Drivers of International Marketing.
PART 2 - THE INTERNATIONAL MARKETING ENVIRONMENT.
2: An Overview of the International Marketing Environment.
3: International Trade: Institutional Barriers and Facilitators.
4: Regional Economic and Political Integration.
5: Cultural Influences on International Marketing Chapter Objectives.
PART 3 - INTERNATIONAL MARKETING STRATEGY DECISIONS.
6: International Marketing Research: Practices and Challenges.
7:International Strategic Planning.
8:Expansion Strategies and Entry Mode Selection.
PART 4 - MANAGING THE INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MIX.
9: roducts and Services: Branding Decisions in International Markets.
10: International Product and Service Strategies.
11: Managing International Distribution Operations and Logistics.
12: International Retailing.
13: The International Promotional Mix and Advertising Strategies.
14: International Publicity, Public Relations, and Sales Promotion Strategies.
15: International Personal Selling and Personnel Management.
16: International Pricing Strategy.
PART 5 - INTERNATIONAL MARKETING STRATEGY: IMPLEMENTATION.
17: Organizing and Controlling International Marketing Operations and Perspectives for the Future.