Request for consultation
INTERNATIONAL MARKETING, 10th Edition is a completely up-to-date text for one of the most dynamic upper-level and graduate courses in marketing departments today. It offers the entire range of international marketing topics beginning with start-up operations, continuing with new market entry considerations, and concluding with the international issues confronting giant global marketers. The text is designed for the undergraduate student with prior exposure to the marketing field. Because of its in-depth coverage, it also presents an excellent challenge for graduate instruction and executive education.
- New Parsimony of Structure: Significantly reduced the number of "traditional chapters," combining the discussion of small- and medium-sized firms and multinational corporations into one chapter. The result is a more coherent approach to international marketing, with the streamlining resulting in shorter reading requirements.
- New Color and Design: The 10th Edition is now in four colors, which further enhances the readability of the text and enhances students' understanding of the key concepts, especially in the exhibits and maps.
- New Chapters: A series of new chapters in the 10th Edition produces in-depth analysis covering new marketing directions and challenges, most of which are unique to the field or are emerging topics. NEW Chapter 6 focuses on the global consumer, with emphasis on business-to-business, and government-based marketing. NEW Chapter 16 on Social Networks and Communication focuses on the issues of internationalization of networking and prepares students for the reality of web-based communication. NEW Chapter 17 on Leadership, Ethical Responsibility, and Sustainability allows readers to take into account the key drivers of conservation, and coping with scarce resources.
- Highly revised: Strengthened Chapter 8 on research, now titled "Analyzing People and Markets," reflecting the sensitivity needed to carry out good research internationally. Chapter 18 on new directions and challenges in International Marketing has been significantly reworked, helping students align their interests, research, and activities with the needs and developments of the markets. Also newly revised is the appendix covering how to find one's calling in Global Markets.
- New Topics: The 10th Edition addresses new controversies such as corruption, volatility, and the need for a reduction in product and brand complexity. The authors also cover their newly developed concept of "curative marketing," which analyzes how marketing can shape its context, and how it needs to remedy the problems international marketing issues and approaches have caused.
- Updated Vignettes: The vignettes--which appear at the beginning of each chapter and an additional 3 to 4 throughout the chapter--have been condensed and targeted, so that they permit a tighter focus of analysis and more challenging class debate. Virtually all of the vignettes in this edition are brand new or updated, setting the stage for the chapter discussion and elucidate chapter topics.
- New Cases: In this edition, most of the cases following each Part in the text are either new or updated, providing up to date and relevant decision scenarios, and which cover a variety of topics.
- New Challenge Us Feature: Appearing at the end of each chapter, this NEW feature allows students to debate key chapter issues, individually or in a group, making classroom discussions elevated and interactive.
- Video Cases: Video cases are located within the case section and are available on DVD for instructors. These cases further illustrate chapter topics and have been expanded from previous editions.
- Recommended Readings: Found at the end of each chapter, the authors have provided additional recommended reading to be assigned in class, or to be utilized as an additional resource.
- Internet Exercises: Included at the end of each chapter, Internet exercises give readers online experience at the international and global issues that arise in marketing.
- E-Commerce and Technology: The impact of technology and e-commerce on marketing communications, channels, logistics, and research is thoroughly integrated throughout the text.
- Culture and Government: The text emphasizes on culture and how it affects business decisions in marketing, while also emphasizing policy issues to accurately portray the increase in governments' role in international marketing.
- Figures and Tables: The chapter content, tables, figures, maps, and examples have been thoroughly updated in this new edition to reflect the changes happening in the world around us.
- Focus on the Physical Environment and Geography: Updated maps provide context in terms of social and economic data, including electronic maps. An appendix directly addresses the relationship between geography and international marketing.
- New Cases: Each Part section is followed by 4 cases, with 2 additional cases online. Presented on a variety of topics, these cases present students with real business situations. All cases address the activities of actual or former companies and cover a broad geographic spectrum.
1: Global Environmental Drivers.
2: International Trade Frameworks and Policy.
3: The Role of Culture.
4: The Economic Environment.
5: The Political and Legal Environment.
Part II: FINDING GLOBAL CUSTOMERS.
6: Consumer, Industrial, and Government Markets.
7: Strategic Planning.
8: Analyzing People and Markets.
9: Market Entry and Expansion.
10: Marketing Organization, Implementation, and Control.
Part III: THE GLOBAL MARKETING MIX.
11: Product Management and Global Brands.
12: Global Marketing of Services.
13: Advertising, Promotion, and Sales.
14: Pricing Strategies and Tactics.
15: Global Distribution and Logistics.
Pare IV: LEADERSHIP IN GLOBAL MARKETING.
16: Social Networks and Communication.
17: Leadership, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Sustainability.
18: New Directions and Challenges.
Appendix: Finding Your Calling: Jobs and Careers in International Marketing.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
CourseMate with Career Transitions 2.0 Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.
Flash Cards, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
Flash cards are effective study aids especially when you only have a limited amount of time. These flash cards work with your title and can help you to review and learn essential terms and key concepts. This is instant access product; at the completion of your purchase, simply go to "My Home" and gain immediate access to your product. Note: If you have purchased CourseMate for your title, flash cards are already included.
Quizzing, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
Quizzes are effective study aids especially when you only have a limited amount of time. These quizzes work with your title and can help you to review and learn essential terms and key concepts. This is instant access product; at the completion of your purchase, simply go to "My Home" and gain immediate access to your product. Note: If you have purchased CourseMate for your title, quizzes are already included.
Quizzing with Flash Cards, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access
Flash cards and quizzes are effective study aids especially when you only have a limited amount of time. These flash cards and quizzes work with your title and can help you to review and learn essential terms and key concepts. This is instant access product; at the completion of your purchase, simply go to "My Home" and gain immediate access to your product. Note: If you have purchased CourseMate for your title, flash cards and quizzes are already included.