Request for consultation
Equip your students for success in international finance with the unrivaled depth of theory and practical applications presented in Madura's INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 13E. This best-seller builds on the fundamental principles of corporate finance to provide the timely information and contemporary insights your students need to prosper in today's global business environment. Well known for its inviting reader-friendly style and clear explanations, this book introduces international finance with a focus on the important role of modern multinational corporations in global commerce. Using a strong corporate perspective, it discusses a wide range of managerial topics and emphasizes the most recent changes in the international environment. Relevant examples, instructive diagrams, self-tests, and other learning features provide hands-on experience to help your students develop the skills they need to effectively manage in contemporary practice.
- Delivering the most current coverage available, all chapters in the 13th edition have been thoroughly updated to include recent developments in international financial markets as well as the latest tools used to manage a multinational corporation.
- In Chapter 2, "International Flow of Funds," the balance of payments accounting coverage has been revised to make it consistent with the recent format used by the U.S. government for reporting specific accounts.
- Chapter 6, "Government Influence on Exchange Rates," now includes sections on black markets for currencies as well as the recent challenges of the European Central Bank to stabilize financial conditions in the eurozone.
- Chapter 8, "Relationships among Inflation, Interest Rates, and Exchange Rates," has been reworked to synthesize the relationships between the Fisher effect, purchasing power parity, and the international Fisher effect.
- Chapter 10, "Measuring Exposure to Exchange Rate Fluctuations," includes an improved flow between sections and gives more emphasis to the value at risk method for assessing exchange rate exposure.
- Chapter 14, "Multinational Capital Budgeting," now includes more detailed information about how managers (and students) can use electronic spreadsheets to facilitate the international capital budgeting process and apply sensitivity analysis.
- Each part ends with an Integrative Problem based on concepts covered within chapters contained in that part -- helping students build on the skills they are learning.
- Hands-on Experiential Exercises give students additional real-world practice. Discussion In The Boardroom features place students in the position of a board member of a multinational corporation. Running Your Own MNC requires students to use their entrepreneurial skills to create their own small multinational corporation. The International Investing Project enables students to make international portfolio decisions.
- Timely updates throughout the 13th edition reflect the most current research and trends from the field. Up-to-date content prepares your students to deal with the most recent financial changes, developments, and emerging issues in international finance.
- Reflecting the latest from real-world practice, INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT heavily emphasizes the use of practical examples in every chapter.
- End-of-chapter self-test questions and problems, a self-test midterm exam, and a self-test final exam help students assess their understanding of concepts -- and maximize their course success.
- The robust selection of chapter applications gives students plenty of hands-on practice and includes Point/Counter-Point exercises evaluating two alternative points of view, Critical Thinking Questions to prompt student short essays, Continuing Cases, Small Business Dilemmas, Internet/Excel Exercises, and Supplemental Cases.
1. Multinational Financial Management: An Overview.
2. International Flow of Funds.
3. International Financial Markets.
4. Exchange Rate Determination.
5. Currency Derivatives.
Part II: EXCHANGE RATE BEHAVIOR.
6. Government Influence on Exchange Rates.
7. International Arbitrage and Interest Rate Parity.
8. Relationships among Inflation, Interest Rates, and Exchange Rates.
Part III: EXCHANGE RATE RISK MANAGEMENT.
9. Forecasting Exchange Rates.
10. Measuring Exposure to Exchange Rate Fluctuations.
11. Managing Transaction Exposure.
12. Managing Economic Exposure and Translation Exposure.
Part IV: LONG-TERM ASSET AND LIABILITY MANAGEMENT.
13. Direct Foreign Investment.
14. Multinational Capital Budgeting.
15. International Corporate Governance and Control.
16. Country Risk Analysis.
17. Multinational Capital Structure and Cost of Capital.
18. Long-Term Debt Financing.
Part V: SHORT-TERM ASSET AND LIABILITY MANAGEMENT.
19. Financing International Trade.
20. Short-Term Financing.
21. International Cash Management.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor's manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.