Request for consultation
International Business is the market-leading high school international business text and provides the foundation for studying international business and conducting business in the global economy. Students develop the appreciation, knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to live and work in a global marketplace and are provided with a wealth of learning experiences that will prepare them for entry-level international business and marketing occupations. The text is appropriate for a year-long course, however can be used for a semester course as well. The appealing design and layout reflect real-world global business activities and cross-cultural settings. This edition includes engaging new features that draw students into the world of international business including a Regional Perspective feature which shows a graphic and a map reflecting specific regions being covered; eCommerce In Action allowing students to understand the impact of technology on global business activities; Communication Across Borders and A Question of Ethics provide students with opportunities to analyze alternative aspects of international business. International Business 4E includes coverage that makes it appropriate for use in the National Academy Foundation's International Finance course as well as the National Standards for Business Education. The text covers real-world applications, projects, technology, ethics, and cross-curricular links. Assessments are found at the end of each lesson and at the end of each chapter. Students will find the communication sections particularly useful in helping them prepare international communication and trade documentation. The technology coverage from a global perspective helps students research and prepare interactive multimedia presentations.
- Global Technology Trends – covers the impact of technology on global business activities using real-world examples that students can relate to such as how the changing mobile phone technologies affect business and how electronic banking and RFID technology have changed how business is done around the world.
- Work as a Team – provides students with a short group activity within each chapter allowing them to enhance their teamwork skills.
- International Business Perspectives on: Careers, Culture, Geography, History.
- Global Business Spotlight – focuses on businesses around the world and gives an overview of challenges and successes.
- Winning Edge: Get students prepared for BPA, DECA, and FBLA competitive events with this exciting feature.
- Academic Connections: Graph and map analysis, writing activities, regions of the world analyses, and math projects build academic connections.
- The Global Entrepreneur leads students through the creation of an International Business Plan.
2. Our Global Economy.
3. Cultural Influences on Global Business.
4. Government and Global Business.
5. Structures of International Business Organizations.
6. Importing, Exporting, and Trade Relations.
7. Foreign Exchange and International Finance.
8. Legal Agreements Around the World.
9. Global Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
10. Management Principles in Action.
11. Human Resources Management.
12. Labor Around the World.
13. International Career Planning.
14. Information Needs for Global Business Activities.
15. Production Systems for Global Business.
16. Global Marketing and Consumer Behavior.
17. Developing Goods and Services for Global Markets.
18. Global Pricing and Distribution Strategies.
19. Global Promotional Strategies.
20. Global Financial Activities.
21. Global Financial Markets.
22. Managing International Business Risk.
"The communication and eCommerce subjects are well covered and there is a nice balance of text and graphics. The end-of-lesson activities are well organized and provide an excellent review of the lesson."-Rhonda Renee Murphy, Puxico School District, Puxico, MO
"The depth of coverage is more than adequate. The text is perfect for a full year course or two semester courses. The projects are excellent! My students enjoy the Global Focus and Regional Perspectives sections. We have some of our best discussions after reading these. I like the variety of projects and activities and I think the text has a wealth of knowledge and variety."-Roger Crider, Franklin Regional High School, Murrysville, PA
"The text covers the concepts of international business really well. My students think the photo of the Great Wall of China is awesome! The text provides a great variety of assessment."-Richard Gordon, Bloomington high School, Normal, IL
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Activities & Study Guide
Create quizzes, study guides, and tests easily and quickly with ExamView. This computerized testing tool allows you to create paper and online tests and is ideal for building tests, worksheets, and study guides (practice tests). This assessment solution saves time while creating and grading tests and improves student results by focusing on specific learning objectives.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
The Instructor's Resource CD is packed with items to help instructors prepare and teach their classes. Items included on the CD are Lesson Plans, PowerPoint Slides, the Instructor's Edition of Activities Workbook, Chapter Tests, and other helpful teaching tools such as Alternative Assessment, Block Scheduling, Diverse Population, and Involving Parents.
Annotated Instructor's Edition
The Annotated Instructor's Edition looks identical to the Student Edition, but contains helpful teaching suggestions around the outside edge of each page. These suggestions will help instructors prepare their lesson plans and call out important items to focus on during class.
Activities & Study Guide