Request for consultation
The only textbook written specifically for Intermediate or Advanced Corporate Finance courses, Brigham/Daves' INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 12E equips students with a solid understanding of both conceptual theories and practical financial skills. Offering a clear presentation, this comprehensive text from renowned author team Gene Brigham and Phillip Daves reinforces coverage from earlier corporate finance courses while providing new, progressive material to challenge and advance learners. The authors use corporate valuation as a unifying theme to emphasize the theoretic groundwork for value maximization and the practical skills to analyze business decisions. The book's reader-friendly approach incorporates actual business examples and integrated cases as well as Excel® spreadsheet models to demonstrate how financial theory in practice leads to solid financial decisions.
- Reflecting the latest trends, issues, and developments from real-world practice, INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 12E has been thoroughly revised and updated to include the most current coverage available.
- The Twelfth Edition provides expanded coverage of corporate governance.
- You now have the option to include access to MindTap™, Cengage Learning's fully online, highly customizable learning experience. Combining readings, multimedia, activities, and assessments into a singular Learning Path, MindTap™ helps you guide students through their course with ease and engagement. You can personalize the Learning Path for your students by pulling in content from the robust suite of Brigham/Daves 12e resources or by adding your own content, like videos, Website links, spreadsheets, RSS feeds and more. MindTap™ integrates seamlessly with most Learning Management Systems.
- New Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero™ is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. All question content is tagged according to Tier I (Business Program Interdisciplinary Learning Outcomes) and Tier II (Finance-specific) standards topic, Bloom's Taxonomy, and difficulty level.
- UNIQUE BALANCE OF THEORY AND PRACTICE DIFFERENTIATES BOOK'S APPROACH. Using its signature clear, focused presentation, the text provides an in-depth introduction to core financial theories as well as emerging financial management issues. This comprehensive coverage provides the background material necessary for student success without sacrificing the rigor you need to equip advanced students.
- RELIABLE PRESENTATION PROVIDES TRUSTED ACCURACY. The author team's meticulous attention to detail and time-tested content deliver a complete text and powerful package of author-driven supplements that you can trust with confidence in your intermediate or advanced course.
- PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES HIGHLIGHT PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS. Students see how today's financial theories and trends are applied through the text's wealth of engaging learning features, including real-world examples, practical problem sets, and integrated Mini-Cases.
1 An Overview of Financial Management and the Financial Environment
2 Risk and Return: Part I
3 Risk and Return: Part II
4 Bond Valuation
5 Financial Options
6 Accounting for Financial Management
7 Analysis of Financial Statements
Part II Corporate Valuation
8 Basic Stock Valuation
9 Corporate Valuation and Financial Planning
10 Corporate Governance
11 Determining the Cost of Capital
Part III Project Valuation
12 Capital Budgeting: Decision Criteria
13 Capital Budgeting: Estimating Cash Flows and Analyzing Risk
14 Real Options
PART IV Strategic Financing Decisions
15 Distributions to Shareholders: Dividends and Repurchases
16 Capital Structure Decisions
17 Dynamic Capital Structures and Corporate Valuation
PART V Tactical Financing Decisions
18 Initial Public Offerings, Investment Banking, and
19 Lease Financing
20 Hybrid Financing: Preferred Stock, Warrants, and Convertibles
PART VI Working Capital Management
21 Supply Chains and Working Capital Management
22 Providing and Obtaining Credit
23 Other Topics in Working Capital Management
PART VII Special Topics
24 Enterprise Risk Management
25 Bankruptcy, Reorganization, and Liquidation
26 Mergers and Corporate Control
27 Multinational Financial Management
Chapter 28 Time Value of Money
Chapter 29 Basic Financial Tools: A Review
Chapter 30 Pension Plan Management
Chapter 31 Financial Management in Not-for-Profit Businesses
Appendix A Values of the Areas under the Standard Normal
Appendix B Answers to End-of-Chapter Problems
Appendix C Selected Equations
Web Extension 1-A A n Overview of Derivative
Web Extension 1-B A Closer Look at the Stock Markets
Web Extension 2-A Continuous Probability Distributions
Web Extension 2-B Estimating Beta with a Financial Calculator
Web Extension 4-A A Closer Look at Zero Coupon and other OID Bonds
Web Extension 4-B A Closer Look at TIPS: Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities
Web Extension 4-C A Close Look at Bond Risk: Duration
Web Extension 4-D The Pure Expectations Theory and Estimation of Forward Rates
Web Extension 6-A T he Federal Income Tax System for Individuals
Web Extension 8-A Derivation of Valuation Equations
Web Extension 11-A T he Required Return Assuming NonConstant Dividends and Stock Repurchases
Web Extension 12-A T he Accounting Rate of Return (ARR)
Web Extension 13-A Certainty Equivalents and Risk-Adjusted Discount Rates
Web Extension 14-A The Abandonment Real Option
Web Extension 14-B Risk-Neutral Valuation
Web Extension 16-A Degree of Leverage
Web Extension 18-A Rights Offerings
Web Extension 19-A Leasing Feedback
Web Extension 19-B Percentage Cost Analysis
Web Extension 19-C Leveraged Leases
Web Extension 20-A Calling Convertible Issues
Web Extension 21-A Secured Short-Term Financing
Web Extension 25-A Multiple Discriminant Analysis
Web Extension 26-A Projecting Consistent Debt and Interest Expenses
Web Extension 28-A The Tabular Approach
Web Extension 28-B Derivation of Annuity Formulas
Web Extension 28-C Continuous Compounding
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Website for Brigham/Daves INTERMEDIATE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 12E INSTRUCTOR DESCRIPTION: Save time as you create a dynamic course using the Instructor's Manual, Test Bank in Cognero™, Excel® spreadsheet models, and PowerPoint® slides. Bring lectures to life as colorful PowerPoint® slides cover the essential topics for each chapter. Created by the authors and updated for the 12E, all of the graphs, tables, lists, and calculations are developed sequentially for your convenience, and you can easily modify slides for your specific needs. The Excel® Build A Model spreadsheets and solutions, Beginning-of-Chapter Models, Mini-Case Models, and Tool Kits are available on the companion website.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero™ is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Revised to reflect the 12E edition, all question content is tagged according to Tier I (Business Program Interdisciplinary Learning Outcomes) and Tier II (Finance-specific) standards topic, Bloom's Taxonomy, and difficulty level.