Request for consultation
INTENSIVE RECORDS MANAGEMENT is a comprehensive and up-to-date envelope simulation providing manual and electronic records management instruction consistent with ARMA (Association of Records Managers and Administrators, Inc.) filing rules, experience with different filing methods (alphabetic, consecutive, numeric, terminal digit numeric, subject, and geographic), color coding of files, and presenting the life cycle of records.
- The flexible format allows for individualized or group instruction.
- Database activities can be used with commercial database software (no longer requires PC-File+).
- Best Practices is a feature that highlights current filing and records management procedures.
- Provides 12-15 hours of manual filing activities and 9-10 hours of computer filing activities.
- Computer Applications activities supported by Access data files provide practice in electronic records management.
- Practice filing applications are consistent with ARMA (Association of Records Managers and Administrators, Inc.) filing rules which will teach students to follow appropriate guidelines.
- Choice of activities--manual, electronic, or both--ensures that students are not limited by equipment availability.
2. Alphabetic Indexing Rules.
3. Alphabetic Filing Procedures.
4. Numeric Filing Procedures.
5. Subject Filing Procedures.
6. Geographic Filing Procedures.
7. Records Retention, Transfer, and Disposition.
Check Your Understanding.
Appendix A: Computer Applications.
Appendix B: Supplemental Computer Applications.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Save time, streamline your course preparation, and get the most from the text.