Request for consultation
INSIDE RHINOCEROS 5, is a well-designed introduction to using the latest version of Rhino. This book bridges the gap between theoretical and software-oriented approaches to computer modeling by providing a balanced presentation of theory, concepts, and hands-on tutorials. It begins with an overview of the Rhinoceros5 interface and progresses to explore wireframe models and the construction of curves. This book contains an in-depth examination of surface modeling, taking your students step-by-step through surfaces construction using Rhino and discusses in detail solid modeling methods, rendering, engineering drawing, and outputting to various file formats. INSIDE RHINOCEROS 5, concludes with a set of projects aimed at allowing your students to apply Rhino in real world design situations.
- Addresses the new tools provided for Rhinoceros Release 5 as well as tools that are already provided in previous releases.
- Written in a logical but non-linear manner order to meet the needs of novice students as well as more advanced students.
- Contains a balanced emphasis on theory, concepts, and tutorials that attempts to bridge the theoretical and software-oriented approaches to modeling in the computer.
- A set of hands-on tutorials placed at the beginning of the book allow your students to have hands-on experience on using Rhino.
- Main chapters are written logically, with concepts explained together with simple tutorials focusing on individual elements that provide a clear picture about what can be produced by using Rhino.
- Contains fundamental, easy to understand information on using the computer to model 3D objects that forms the basis for relating Rhinoceros 4 with upstream and downstream operations.
- Gives special emphasis to understanding theoretical issues on NURBS (non-uniform rational B-splines) curves and surfaces as well as practical issues on the use of Rhinoceros5 to construct and design free-form models.
- Contains a logical progression of topics that lets your students grasp the top-down critical thinking process in decomposing a holistic design into surfaces and then to defining curves, as well as the bottom-up construction process in making the curves, the surfaces, and then the model.
- Outlines modeling methods over the course of several chapters, letting your novice students advance gradually to more difficult tasks while enabling your more advanced students to go straight to more complex techniques.
Case Study 2. Jewelry Design Case Studies.
1. Rhinoceros Functions, User Interface, and Basic Operating Methods.
2. Rhinoceros NURBS Surface Construction and Manipulation.
3. Mesh Object Construction and Manipulation.
4. Object Transformation.
5. Group, Block, and Work Session.
6. Drawing Output and Data Exchange.
Appendices: Digital Modeling Concepts and Construction Plane Concepts.