Request for consultation
Now in its 6th edition, Industrial Plastics: Theory and Applications is back, with the extensive, detailed graphics and practical lab exercises that made previous editions so popular. In this latest edition, these trademark features accompany updated coverage of the plastics industry, offering the very latest information on state-of-the art equipment, with a special emphasis on processing techniques. Coverage includes plastics recycling, ISO and ASTM testing specifications, health and safety standards, as well as examinations of current environmental issues like recycling, pollution, and incineration. With such broad coverage alongside hands-on activities to provide a clear link between theory and practice, Industrial Plastics continues to be an invaluable resource for students and professionals alike.
- Featured throughout the text, all-new photographs provide vivid illustrations for chapter concepts.
- Dozens of new and revised photos and images.
- Offering the most up-to-date coverage available, Ch. 2 "Current Status of the Plastics Industry" includes new information on nanotechnology, sales records and projections, and other new developments.
- Laboratory activities appropriate for a wide range of processing equipment provide the opportunity for a practical application of the content.
- Extensive, detailed photographs feature the latest state-of-the art equipment as it is being used in the industry today, offering support for visual learners.
- Each chapter provides students with vocabulary lists and end of chapter review questions to help them test their knowledge.
- Offering additional reference material, website addresses encourage readers to stay current with the latest developments from the field.
2. Current Status of the Plastics Industry.
3. Elementary Polymer Chemistry.
4. Health and Safety.
5. Elementary Statistics.
6. Properties and Tests of Selected Plastics.
7. Ingredients of Plastics.
8. Characterization and Selection of Commercial Plastics.
9. Machining and Finishing.
10. Molding Processes.
11. Extrusion Processes.
12. Laminating Processes and Materials.
13. Reinforcing Processes and Materials.
14. Casting Processes and Materials.
16. Expansion Processes.
17. Coating Processes.
18. Fabrication Processes and Materials.
19. Decorating Processes.
20. Radiation Processes.
21. Design Considerations.
22. Tooling and Moldmaking.
23. Commercial Considerations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM