Request for consultation
Reflecting new technologies and the latest practices in the field, ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES, 3E combines a current, comprehensive explanation of theory with practical applications of electrical machines. The text begins with a study of magnetism and magnetic induction, single-phase isolation transformers, current transformers, and autotransformers. A unit on three-phase power covers basic connections and calculations before proceeding into transformers. Throughout the text, practical experiments enable readers to reinforce theory with hands-on application. The Third Edition also includes an all-new Instructor Resource CD with PowerPoints, Image Library and ExamViewTM test bank generator. With its unique combination of transformers and motors, Electrical Transformers and Rotating Machines, 3e is an excellent resource for electrical students and practitioners alike.
- Completely up to date, the new Third Edition of ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES reflects the latest practices in the field and includes thorough coverage of emerging technology.
- More student-friendly than ever, the text is packed with new schematics and illustrations.
- Energy saving tips are highlighted with a special icon.
- It includes new information concerning series and parallel connection of transformer secondary windings.
- New unit 20 covers motor nameplate data
- Units covering the installation of transformers and motors reflect the changes in the 2011 NEC®.
- Offering instructors more flexibility than ever, a powerful new Instructor Resource CD includes the Instructor Guide in PDF format, PowerPoint slides, and a Test Bank.
- Nine experiments integrated throughout the book give readers hands-on experience putting chapter theory and concepts into practice.
- An excellent resource for anyone in the electrical trades, ELECTRICAL TRANSFORMERS AND ROTATING MACHINES, 3e delivers quick access to comprehensive information on single- and three- phase transformers, DC generators, and motors.
- The text offers the ideal combination of theory and practical applications, providing valuable insight for readers interested in employment within the industrial electrical field.
2. Magnetic Induction.
3. Inductance in Alternating-Current Circuits.
4. Single-Phase Isolation Transformers.
6. Current Transformers.
7. Three-Phase Circuits.
8. Three-Phase Transformers.
9. Single-Phase Loads for Three-Phase Transformers.
10. Transformer Installation.
11. Transformer Cooling.
12. Transformer Maintenance.
14. Direct Current Generators.
15. Direct Current Motors.
17. Three-Phase Motors.
18. Single-Phase Motors.
19. Motor Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
20. Motor Nameplate Data.
21. Motor Installation.