Request for consultation
Today's electrical instructors are looking for a resource that moves beyond traditional textbooks to give their students more than just transformer theory, but also the practical information that can be put to use in everyday situations once they enter the world of work. TRANSFORMERS FOR THE ELECTRICIAN is the perfect solution! Written in a conversational style that minimizes technical jargon in favor of laymen's terms, the book presents a solid, comprehensive theoretical background of transformer operation, exploring its most important concepts through real-world examples, practical maintenance procedures, and pertinent National Electrical Code® rules. The end result: students will gain a thorough understanding of the critical information that a successful working electrician needs in order to connect, troubleshoot, and size just about any type of transformer.
- Mix of theory and practical come together to provide a critical understanding that any successful working electrician needs in order to connect, troubleshoot, and size just about any type of transformer.
- Fills in gaps left by other transformer books by including coverage of voltage correction taps, control transformers, and nonstandard transformer connections.
- Highlights the proper connections for the most common transformers with valuable connection diagrams.
- Encourages critical thinking and application of key concepts with Review Questions and Exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Expands the wealth of resources available to students with Appendices that contain reference information about transformer sizes and motor full load amps.
2. Transformer calculations and transformer losses.
3. Single phase transformers.
4. Three phase transformers.
5. Special types of transformers.
6. Transformer construction and maintenance.
7. NEC transformer requirements.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The student workbook is design to help the user retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions, key term definition queries, multiple choice, fill in the blank and true or false problems.
The student workbook is design to help the user retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions, key term definition queries, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true or false problems.