Request for consultation
INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATED SYSTEMS: INSTRUMENTATION AND MOTION CONTROL, will provide your students with state-of-the art coverage of the full spectrum of industrial maintenance and control, from servomechanisms to instrumentation. They will learn about components, circuits, instruments, control techniques, calibration, tuning and programming associated with industrial automated systems. INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATED SYSTEMS: INSTRUMENTATION AND MOTION CONTROL, focuses on operation, rather than mathematical design concepts. It is formatted into sections so that it can be used for a variety of courses, such as electrical motors, sensors, variable speed drives, programmable logic controllers, servomechanisms, and various instrumentation and process classes. This book also offers your students a broader coverage of industrial maintenance and automation information than other books and provides them with a more extensive collection of supplements, including a lab manual, two hundred animated multimedia lessons on CD. A supplemental Instructor Resource provides you with valuable teaching tools including a computerized testbank, power point and an Instructor's Manual.
- Contains two hundred animated multimedia lessons on the Lab Manual CD, identified by icons throughout the book as Learning Objects, to enhance your student's comprehension of the materials presented in the book.
- Ensures relevancy because content is informed by industrial equipment technical literature, professional seminars, engineering consultants, and industrial schools.
- Provides your students with completely updated information on both motion and process control that ensures that the entire spectrum of industrial automation is addressed.
- New innovations in industrial automation such as wireless technology and industrial networking are covered.
1. Introduction to Industrial Control Systems Introduction.
SECTION II: INTERFACING DEVICES.
2. Interface Devices Introduction.
3. Thyristors Introduction.
SECTION III: THE CONTROLLER.
4. Introduction. Control Modes. On-Off Control. Proportional Control. Proportional- SECTION IV: ELECTRIC MOTORS.
5. DC Motors.
6. AC Motors.
7. Servo Motors.
SECTION V: VARIABLE SPEED DRIVES.
8. DC Drives.
9. AC Variable Speed Drive.
SECTION VI: PROCESS ONCTROL AND INSTRUMENTATION.
10. Pressure Systems.
11. Temperature Control.
12. Flow Control.
13. Level Control Systems.
14. Analytical Instrumentation.
15. Industrial Process Techniques and Instrumentation.
16. Instrumentation Symbology.
17. Process Control Methods.
18. Instrument Calibration and Controller Tuning.
SECTION VII: DETECTION SENSORS.
19. Industrial Detection Sensors and Interfacing Introduction.
20. Industrial Wireless Technologies.
SECTION VIII: PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLERS.
21. Introduction to Programmable Controllers.
22. Fundamental PLC Programming.
23. Advanced Programming, PLC Interfacing, and Troubleshooting.
SECTION IX: MOTION CONTROL.
24. Elements of Motion Control.
25. Motion Control Feedback Devices.
26. Fundamentals of Servomechanisms.
SECTION X: INDUSTRIAL NETWORKS.
27. Industrial Networking.
28. (On book CD) Industrial Applications.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.