Request for consultation
This book is a "working text," designed to help students complete a real-world policy analysis and action plan through step-by-step worksheets. The text prepares students for policy practice in a way that no other current text is able to do. They leave the classroom armed with step-by-step instructions on how to analyze policy, construct alternatives, select alternatives, develop proposals, and construct action plans.
2. Identifying Social Problems.
3. Practitioner's Historical Review.
4. Practitioner's Review of Norms and Values.
5. Practitioner's Political Review.
6. Practitioner's Delivery System Review.
7. Practitioner's Review of Alternative Solutions.
8. Practitioner's Review of Professional Analyses.
9. Practitioner's Interaction Review.
10. Summarizing the Analysis.
11. Taking Action.
"I would highly recommend colleagues reviewing this text. It is quite responsive to current CSWE curriculum requirements in the policy area, and its focus on bringing the significance of policy into the mindset of social work practitioners is consistent throughout the text."
"I would describe this to a colleague as a text that meets our needs for a policy practice course."