Request for consultation
Designed to meet the needs of users from a broad range of experience levels, MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8 ILLUSTRATED INTRODUCTORY equips your students with Windows 8 knowledge using its hallmark 2-page spread format. This practical, user-friendly design makes learning accessible by allowing students to see an entire task in one view. MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8 ILLUSTRATED INTRODUCTORY is streamlined into eight units to get students up and running with the latest features of Windows 8, including the new user interface, working with the Charms bar, starting an app, working with windows, managing files, and more!
- Covers essential Windows 8 skills including using the new user interface, working with the Charms bar, starting an app, working with windows, and managing files.
- Helps students understand Cloud storage and its advantages, using Microsoft SkyDrive as an example.
- New! Learning outcomes for each 2-page lesson mapped to assessments.
- New! Helpful new table describes how to move around a computer hierarchy using the Navigation pane, the Address bar, the File list, and the keyboard.
- New! Design improvements help keep students engaged and on track.
- Predicts commonly made mistakes and offers "Quick Tips" within the step-by-step directions to help students avoid typical errors and pitfalls.
- Serves as a great reference both during and after the course.
- Unique 2-page spread keeps learners of all levels engaged and on track by presenting an entire lesson in a single view.
- Makes concepts relevant with end-of-chapter Independent Challenges and Visual Workshops.
- Helps students learn the essentials of navigating and using Windows 8--including step-by-step instructions on navigating the new user interface, starting and exiting apps, working with windows, and using file management features.
B: Working with Windows Apps.
C: Getting and Sharing Information Apps.
D: Working with Windows Media Apps.
E: Managing Files and Folders in the Desktop.
F: Customizing Windows.
G: Managing Windows Security.
H: Managing Windows Devices.
"I like the very user-friendly approach and layout of the Illustrated book, as well as the pedagogy – the review skills and concepts. The students are reading and using the extra tips and information in the margins, which is a surprise to me because with the previous book I used they were overwhelmed by too much information. This 'hits it'."
"My custom Illustrated books cover the material well. My students tell me that they are written in a way they can understand. The books give excellent material but leaves the instructor room for innovative projects. The exercises are great learning tools. When the students tell me they are reading the text, I know we have made a good choice."
"Very user-friendly for students. Good graphics and activities. Provides the concepts in a way students understand."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Discover everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download helpful PowerPoint® presentations, the timesaving Solutions Manual and more.