Request for consultation
Help your students master the Microsoft® Word 2013 skills essential for success in today's medical office or health-related career with the dynamic new MICROSOFT® WORD 2013 FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. This reader-friendly book introduces Microsoft® Word 2013 using a best-selling step-by-step format and visually driven approach. Actual medical examples and timely projects within an intriguing case study related to the medical industry prepare students to meet contemporary medical office challenges. Both beginning and experienced student benefits from the book's straightforward approach. MICROSOFT® WORD 2013 FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS ensures your students have the Word skills necessary to support the front or back office of a clinic, hospital, or medical practice with great success.
- All units are updated to reflect the changes in Microsoft Office 2013.
- New! Learning outcomes for each 2-page lesson mapped to assessments, including end-of-unit exercises, SAM Assessment, and test banks.
- New! Design improvements help keep students engaged and on track.
- Updated appendix on SkyDrive and Microsoft Office Web Apps help students learn to use Office in the cloud.
- Helps students of all levels learn essential skills for using Microsoft Office 2013—including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, as well as Windows 8.
- Lessons and exercises feature real-life documents used in medical offices to help students master the skills necessary in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint to support the front or back office of a clinic, hospital or medical practice.
- Unique visual design presents each skill on two facing pages, and keeps learners of all levels engaged and on track.
- Predicts commonly made mistakes and offers "Quick Tips" and "Troubles" within the step-by-step directions to help students avoid typical errors and pitfalls.
- Makes concepts relevant with end-of-chapter Independent Challenges and Visual Workshops.
- Serves as a great reference both during and after the course.
- TIMELY EXAMPLES AND EXERCISES RELATE SPECIFICALLY TO TODAY'S MEDICAL FIELD. Students work with examples and end-of-unit exercises distinctive to the medical field and typical of the tasks and challenges they are likely to encounter in a contemporary medical office, hospital or clinic work setting.
- COMPREHENSIVE EXERCISES OFFER INCREASING DIFFICULTY TO REINFORCE CRITICAL SKILLS. This edition's comprehensive and applied end-of-unit exercises increase in level of difficulty as students progress. All exercises map to the SAM (Skill Assessment Manager), providing further opportunities to strengthen key skills.
- REALISTIC MEDICAL CASE STUDY OFFERS PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE. Students work through an ongoing case study based on a realistic type of outpatient medical facility, Riverwalk Medical Clinic. Students use the skills they've learned as they work with the facility's family doctors, specialists, nursing and support staff.
- DISTINCTIVE TWO-PAGE PRESENTATION FORMAT ENABLES STUDENTS TO MASTER A SINGLE CONCEPT AT A TIME. The best-selling authors' unique two-page spread provides step-by-step instructions on the left page and oversized, clear screen illustrations on the right page. Advanced students can quickly review familiar skills before moving on while beginners are able to master one skill at a time with no confusion.
- ADVANCED CHALLENGE EXERCISES PROVIDE MORE COMPLEX PRACTICE. Optional Advanced Challenge Exercises at the end of each unit let students practice the more advanced skills covered in the lessons.
Unit A: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2013.
Unit A: Creating Documents in Word 2013.
Unit B: Editing Documents.
Unit C: Formatting Text and Paragraphs.
Unit D: Creating and Formatting Tables.
Unit E: Formatting Documents.
Unit F: Merging Word Documents.
Unit G: Working with Styles and Templates.
Unit H: Developing Multipage Documents.
Unit I: Building Forms.
Appendix: Illustrating Documents with Graphics.
Appendix: Collaborating on Documents.
Appendix: Working in the Cloud.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, and more.