Request for consultation
Designed for students in medical office administration and allied health programs, MICROSOFT WORD 2010 FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS teaches introductory Microsoft Word 2010 skills. This book includes real world examples and projects within a case study related to the medical industry, providing students with the Word skills necessary to successfully support the front or back office of a clinic, hospital, or medical practice.
- Provides examples and end-of-unit exercises that are related to the medical field and are typical of the tasks that students will encounter in a medical office, hospital or clinic work setting.
- Contains comprehensive applied end-of-unit exercises that increase in level of difficulty and maps to SAM (Skill Assessment Manager), providing an opportunity for the reinforcement of skills.
- Includes a case study throughout on a fictitious outpatient medical facility, Riverwalk Medical Clinic, which is staffed by family doctors and specialists, as well as a large nursing and support staff.
- Teaches a single skill at a time using a 2-page spread format, which shows steps students follow on the left-hand page, and screenshots on the right-hand page.
- Offers optional Advanced Challenge Exercises in the end-of-unit material that let students practice the more advanced skills covered in the lesson material.
Unit A: Creating Documents in Word 2010.
Unit B: Editing Documents.
Unit C: Formatting Text and Paragraphs.
Unit D: Creating and Formatting Tables.
Unit E: Formatting Documents.
Unit F: Merging Word Documents.
Unit G: Working with Styles and Templates.
Unit H: Developing Multipage Documents.
Unit I: Building Forms.
Appendix 1: Illustrated Documents with Graphics.
Appendix 2: Collaborating on Documents.
Appendix: Web apps appendix.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, and more.