Request for consultation
Engage both computer rookies and hot shots in mastering Microsoft® Office 2013 applications quickly and efficiently with the acclaimed Illustrated Series' newest book: ENHANCED MICROSOFT® OFFICE 2013: ILLUSTRATED INTRODUCTORY, FIRST COURSE. Praised by instructors for its concise, focused approach and user-friendly format, the Illustrated Series incorporates a hallmark two-page layout that allows students to see an entire task in one view. Skills are accessible and easy-to-follow with new Learning Outcomes that outline the skills covered in each lesson and larger full-color screen images that reflect exactly what students should see on their own computers. Each unit begins with a brief overview of the principles of the lesson and introduces a case study for further application. The Enhanced Edition includes a new Student Success Guide that not only helps students prepare for success in their class but also guides them through the use of OneNote to facilitate that. The Enhanced Edition also features new and updated appendixes that offer a variety of opportunities to explore cloud computing and other developing applications in more depth.
- Updated Working In The Cloud Appendix Highlights The Latest Developments In Cloud Computing. This optional appendix gives you the flexibility to address cloud computing in detail.
- New Integrated Applications Projects Appendix Provides Additional Opportunities To Practice Skills. You have the flexibility to assign further meaningful, practical projects to your students.
- New SAM Projects Appendix Offers Instructor-Authored Projects. Now your students can gain important practice using SAM (Skills Assessment Manager) self-paced assignments selected by instructors like you to help students master Microsoft® Office skills and the computer concepts that are essential to academic and career success.
- New Student Success Guide. This guide helps students prepare for success in their class and guides them through the use of OneNote.
- Updated Appendix On Skydrive And Microsoft® Office Web Apps Help Students Learn To Use Office In The Cloud. Students both using Office on the Web and taking advantage of features offered by cloud computing.
- Concise, To-The-Point Instruction Helps Students Of All Levels Master Essential Skills. Direct, proven instructional approach teaches how to use Microsoft® Office 2013--including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint® --as well as Windows® 8, Internet Explorer 10, Outlook and essential computer concepts.
- Unique Two-Page Spread Presents an Entire Task In a Single View. This proven, focused visual approach keeps learners of all levels engaged and actively learning important Office skills.
- "Quick Tips" and "Troubles" Help Students Avoid Typical Errors and Pitfalls. This edition highlights common mistakes and cautions readers with special features and helpful warnings within the step-by-step directions.
- Practice Exercises Emphasize Relevance Of Concepts. Independent Challenges and Visual Workshops at the end of each chapter help learners become adept with their Office skills.
- Book Serves as an Invaluable Reference Resource Now and In Future Careers. The clear presentation and easily accessible information makes this an edition students will frequently reference both during and after your course.
- Comprehensive Updates Throughout This Edition Reflect New Features and Enhancements in Microsoft® Office 2013. Your students gain a solid understanding of the very latest Microsoft® Office skills to apply to work or school assignments.
- Learning Outcomes For Each Two-Page Lesson are Mapped To Assessments. Easily keep track of student progress and comprehension with lesson-by-lesson learning outcomes that even correspond to SAM Assessment and SAM Projects for a cohesive learning experience.
- Design Improvements Help Keep Students Engaged. This edition is designed and formatted to keep students on track with their attention focused on key tasks and the book's clearly presented concepts.
- SAM Projects Appendix Provides Additional Hands-On Exercises. These self-guided exercises allow students to practice Microsoft Office tasks at the skill level that is most appropriate for them and apply their skills to real-world projects. Projects can be auto-graded for SAM users, allowing students to go back and fix errors, and saving you the time of hand grading.
- Capstone Appendix Reinforces Skills With Significant Projects. Now you can provide additional exercises to reinforce concepts and assess progress with optional assignments from this appendix.
Unit A: Understanding Essential Computer Concepts.
Unit A: Getting Started with Windows 8.
Unit B: Understanding File Management.
INTERNET EXPLORER 10.
Unit A: Getting Started with Internet Explorer 10.
MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013.
Unit A: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2013.
MICROSOFT WORD 2013.
Unit A: Creating Documents with Word 2013.
Unit B: Editing Documents.
Unit C: Formatting Text and Paragraphs.
Unit D: Formatting Documents.
MICROSOFT EXCEL 2013.
Unit A: Getting Started with Excel 2013.
Unit B: Working with Formulas and Function.
Unit C: Formatting a Worksheet.
Unit D: Working with Charts.
Unit A: Integrating Word and Excel.
MICROSOFT ACCESS 2013.
Unit A: Getting Started with Access 2013.
Unit B: Building and Using Queries.
Unit C: Using Forms.
Unit D: Using Reports.
Unit B: Integrating Word, Excel and Access.
MICROSOFT POWERPOINT 2013.
Unit A: Creating a Presentation in PowerPoint 2013.
Unit B: Modifying a Presentation.
Unit C: Inserting Objects into a Presentation.
Unit D: Finishing a Presentation.
Unit C: Integrating Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2013.
Unit A: Getting Started with E-mail.
Unit B: Managing Information Using Outlook.
Appendix: Working with Windows Live and Office Web Apps.
Appendix: Capstone Projects.
Appendix: SAM Projects.
Appendix: Integrated Projects.
"I like the very user-friendly approach and layout of the Illustrated book, as well as the pedagogy--the review skills and concepts. The students are reading and using the extra tips and information in the margins, which is a surprise to me because with the previous book I used they were overwhelmed by too much information. This 'hits it'."
"My custom Illustrated books cover the material well. My students tell me that they are written in a way they can understand. The books give excellent material but leave the instructor room for innovative projects. The exercises are great learning tools. When the students tell me they are reading the text, I know we have made a good choice."
"Very user-friendly for students. Good graphics and activities. Provides the concepts in a way students understand."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.