Request for consultation
Help your students master the Microsoft® Excel 2013 skills essential for success in today's medical office or health-related career with the dynamic new MICROSOFT® EXCEL 2013 FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. This reader-friendly book introduces key skills within Microsoft® Excel 2013 using a best-selling step-by-step format and visually driven approach. Actual medical examples and timely projects within an intriguing case study related to the medical industry prepare students to meet contemporary medical office challenges. Both beginning and experienced student benefits from the book's straightforward approach. MICROSOFT® EXCEL 2013 FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS ensures your students have the Excel skills necessary to support the front or back office of a clinic, hospital, or medical practice with great success.
- TIMELY EXAMPLES AND EXERCISES RELATE SPECIFICALLY TO TODAY'S MEDICAL FIELD. Students work with examples and end-of-unit exercises distinctive to the medical field and typical of the tasks and challenges they are likely to encounter in a contemporary medical office, hospital or clinic work setting.
- COMPREHENSIVE EXERCISES OFFER INCREASING DIFFICULTY TO REINFORCE CRITICAL SKILLS. This edition's comprehensive and applied end-of-unit exercises increase in level of difficulty as students progress. All exercises map to SAM (Skill Assessment Manager), providing further opportunities to strengthen key skills.
- REALISTIC MEDICAL CASE STUDY OFFERS PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE. Students work through an ongoing case study based on a realistic type of outpatient medical facility, Riverwalk Medical Clinic. Students use the skills they've learned as they work with the facility's family doctors, specialists, nursing and support staff.
- DISTINCTIVE TWO-PAGE PRESENTATION FORMAT ENABLES STUDENTS TO MASTER A SINGLE CONCEPT AT A TIME. The best-selling authors' unique two-page spread provides step-by-step instructions on the left page and oversized, clear screen illustrations on the right page. Advanced students can quickly review familiar skills before moving on, while beginners are able to master one skill at a time with no confusion.
- ADVANCED CHALLENGE EXERCISES PROVIDE MORE COMPLEX PRACTICE. Optional Advanced Challenge Exercises at the end of each unit let students practice the more advanced skills covered in the lessons.
Unit A: Getting Started with Microsoft 2013.
Unit A: Getting Started with Excel 2013.
Unit B: Working with Formulas and Functions.
Unit C: Formatting a Worksheet.
Unit D: Working with Charts.
Unit E: Analyzing Data Using Formulas.
Unit F: Managing Workbook Data.
Unit G: Managing Data Using Tables.
Unity H: Analyzing Table Data.
Appendix: Working in the Cloud.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, and more.