Request for consultation
Praised by instructors for its concise, focused approach and user-friendly format, the Illustrated Series engages both computer rookies and hot shots in mastering MICROSOFT EXCEL 2013 quickly and efficiently. Skills are accessible and easy-to-follow thanks to the Illustrated Series’ hallmark 2-page layout, which allows students to see an entire task in one view. New Learning Outcomes outline the skills covered in each lesson, and larger full-color screens represent exactly what students should see on their own computers. Each unit begins with a brief overview of the principles of the lesson, and introduces a case study for further application.
- Updated to reflect the changes in Microsoft Excel 2013, including creating worksheets, using formulas and functions, and creating charts.
- New! Learning outcomes for each 2-page lesson mapped to assessments, including SAM Assessment and SAM Projects.
- New! Design improvements help keep students engaged and on track.
- Updated appendix on SkyDrive and Microsoft Office Web Apps help students learn to use Office in the cloud.
- Concise, to-the-point instruction helps students learn essential skills for using Microsoft Excel 2013—including creating worksheets, using formulas and functions, and creating charts.
- Unique 2-page spread keeps learners of all levels engaged and on track by presenting an entire task in a single view.
- Predicts commonly made mistakes and offers “Quick Tips” and “Troubles” within the step-by-step directions to help students avoid typical errors and pitfalls.
- Makes concepts relevant with end-of-chapter Independent Challenges and Visual Workshops.
- Serves as a great reference both during and after the course.
Unit A: Getting Started with Excel 2010.
Unit B: Working with Formulas and Function.
Unit C: Formatting a Worksheet.
Unit D: Working with Charts.
Unit E: Analyzing Data Using Formulas.
Unit F: Managing Workbook Data.
Unit G: Using Tables.
Unit H: Analyzing Table Data.
Appendix: Capstone Projects.
Appendix: SAM Projects.
Appendix: Working with Windows Live and Office Web Apps.
"I like the very user-friendly approach and layout of the Illustrated book, as well as the pedagogy – the review skills and concepts. The students are reading and using the extra tips and information in the margins, which is a surprise to me because with the previous book I used they were overwhelmed by too much information. This 'hits it'."
"My custom Illustrated books cover the material well. My students tell me that they are written in a way they can understand. The books give excellent material but leaves the instructor room for innovative projects. The exercises are great learning tools. When the students tell me they are reading the text, I know we have made a good choice."
"Very user-friendly for students. Good graphics and activities. Provides the concepts in a way students understand."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Website, Comprehensive
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.