Request for consultation
Offering the most current coverage available, ELECTRICAL WIRING COMMERCIAL, 15e is completely revised and up to date with the 2014 National Electrical Code®. Extremely reader friendly, the text has long been popular with instructors and students alike. Vibrant, full-color illustrations and photographs increase student understanding of difficult concepts. The new edition continues the book's emphasis on newer green technologies and developments within electrical design and installation, including coverage of EV stations in commercial settings. It also offers expansive coverage of safety in the workplace. In addition, numerous instructor resources and CourseMate's book-specific website help maximize your course success!
- Reflecting the latest developments and changes from the field, ELECTRICAL WIRING COMMERCIAL, 15e has been completely revised and updated to the 2014 National Electrical Code®.
- Continuing the text's emphasis on green technology, the 15th Edition adds new coverage of EV stations in commercial settings.
- Crisscross Code Index allows users to quickly and easily reference specific content and Code requirements.
- Numerous instructor resources--including a comprehensive Computerized Test Bank, PowerPoint slides, prints, videos, and more--help you spend less time planning and more time teaching.
- Providing a unique textbook-specific website, CourseMate helps students maximize their success through interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook.
- With its lively illustrations, real-world examples, and cutting-edge coverage, ELECTRICAL WIRING COMMERCIAL has been a popular and well-used book for generations.
- Full-color drawings, diagrams, illustrations, and product photographs bring chapter concepts to life, add clarity to explanations, and improve student understanding.
- Green technologies in electrical design and installation are spotlighted throughout the text.
- Comprehensive coverage of service equipment and feeders also includes handicapped accessibility to present enhanced training opportunities.
- Expansive coverage of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) demonstrates an emphasis on safety throughout.
- A wealth of practical real-world examples reinforce key calculations and concepts throughout.
- Both metric and English measurements are used to appeal to readers of all learning backgrounds.
2. Reading Electrical Working Drawings--Entry Level.
3. Calculating the Electrical Load.
4. Branch Circuits.
5. Switches and Receptacles.
6. Wiring Methods.
7. Motor and Appliance Circuits.
9. Special Systems.
10. Working Drawings--Upper Level.
11. Special Circuits (Owner's Circuits).
12. Panelboard Selection and Installation.
13. The Electric Service.
14. Lamps and Ballasts for Lighting.
16. Emergency, Legally Required Standby, and Optional Standby Power Systems.
17. Overcurrent Protection: Fuses and Circuit Breakers.
18. Short-Circuit Calculations and Coordination of Overcurrent Protective Devices.
19. Equipment and Conductor Short-Circuit Protection.
20. Low-Voltage Remote Control.
21. The Cooling System.
Appendix A: Electrical Specifications.
Appendix B: Useful Formulas.
Appendix C: NEMA Enclosures Types.
Appendix D: Outdoor Air Temperatures for Selected U.S. Cities.
Appendix E: Metric System of Measurement.
Appendix F: Glossary.
Appendix G: Web Sites.
Appendix H: Electrical Symbols.
Code Reference Index.
Plans for a Commercial Building (Attached to the Inside Back Cover).
Sheet A1: Plot Plan, East Elevation, West Elevation.
Sheet A2: Architectural Floor Plan: Basement.
Sheet A3: Architectural Floor Plan: First Floor.
Sheet A4: Architectural Floor Plan: Second Floor.
Sheet A5: Elevations: North and South.
Sheet A6: Sections: Longitudinal, Transverse.
Sheet E1: Electrical Working Drawing: Basement.
Sheet E2: Electrical Working Drawing: Entry Level.
Sheet E3: Second Floor Electrical Plan.
Sheet E4: Panelboard & Service Schedules, One-Line Diag.