Request for consultation
ELECTRICAL WIRING INDUSTRIAL, 15E is the complete, step-by-step guide to wiring industrial buildings according to the current 2014 National Electrical Code®. An ideal on-the-job reference for apprentice and journeyman electricians, building contractors, and anyone working in the electrical field, ELECTRICAL WIRING INDUSTRIAL,15E presents concise, straightforward information in a practical, task-oriented style. Chapter topics explore all fundamentals, from installing new electrical service and changeovers from old systems to project planning and maintenance procedures. The book highlights the 2014 National Electrical Code® throughout the readings to demonstrate code updates, as well as how to apply requirements to sitework, feeder bus systems, panelboards, fiber optics, harmonics, and more . In addition to a full sample set of industrial building plans, ELECTRICAL WIRING INDUSTRIAL, 15E illustrates concepts with stimulating drawings, photographs, and other graphics to support learning and develop the reasoning skills that elevate industrial electricians to the next level of their careers.
- Current Essentials: All new information on important topics for industrial electricians includes grounding and bonding, timing relays, transformer maintenance, and more.
- Extra Connections: Thorough coverage of service entrance connections safely prepares electricians for a variety of industrial jobs and settings.
- Added Motor Coverage: Bring readers up to date with the latest information on the functions, uses, and maintenance of multi-speed squirrel cage motors.
- Identifying Data: Help students identify motors according to nameplate data such as voltage, frequency, phase, time ratings, and other labeled specifics required by the NEC.
- Essential Motor Controls: Content includes a full chapter on basic motor control, as well as developing a program for a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).
- Illuminating Visuals: Detailed photographs, diagrams, and illustrations help clarify explanations of critical industrial electricity concepts.
- Present-Day Examples: Chapters illustrate how to apply contemporary 2014 NEC® requirements for power distribution, conductor sizing, motor connection, power factor correction, and lighting in industrial settings.
- Practical Math: Provide students the specific math skills they need to succeed on the job without overwhelming them with unnecessarily complicated concepts.
2. The Unit Substation.
3. Feeder Bus System.
5. Trolley Busways.
6. Using Wire Tables and Determining Conductor Sizes.
7. Signaling Systems.
8. Motors and Controllers.
9. Motor Installation.
10. Power Factor.
11. Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Other Facilities.
12. System Protection.
13. Lightning Protection.
14. Site Lighting.
15. Programmable Logic Controllers.
16. Fiber Optics.
17. Hazardous Locations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download PowerPoint presentations, an image gallery, instructor's manual, and customizable test banks.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
A set of building plans is included with the printed text to help students apply each chapter's concepts in an actual industrial building. These plans are also packaged and available separately.
A set of building plans is included to help you see how each chapter's concepts are applied in an actual industrial building. These plans are also packaged and available separately.