Request for consultation
Present the computer concepts and Microsoft® Office 2013 skills perfect for your Introduction to Computing course with the latest ENHANCED COMPUTER CONCEPTS AND MICROSOFT® OFFICE 2013 ILLUSTRATED. This all-in-one book makes the computer concepts and skills your students need to know easily accessible. Key application skills are clearly demonstrated using the user-friendly two-page spread found in the popular Microsoft® Office 2013 Illustrated Introductory, First Course. Today’s most up-to-date technology developments and concepts are clarified using the distinctive step-by-step approach from the Computer Concepts Illustrated Brief book. This edition highlights updated Office 365 content with Integrated Applications Projects, a Student Success Guide, and SAM Projects for important hands-on practice. You’ll find a wealth of instructional support and resources, including MindTap™ customized learning paths to reinforce the important skills and theories found in ENHANCED COMPUTER CONCEPTS AND MICROSOFT® OFFICE 2013 ILLUSTRATED.
- UPDATED OFFICE 365 COVERAGE HELPS STUDENT NAVIGATE THE RADICAL DIFFERENCES FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF OFFICE. Students learn how to download from the cloud and save documents in the cloud using SkyDrive. They also discover how to maximizing the Microsoft Office apps on Windows and OS X, including the latest Word, Excel, PowerPoint®, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote, and Access.
- NEW INTEGRATED APPLICATIONS PROJECTS APPENDIX PROVIDES ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS TO PRACTICE SKILLS. This appendix gives you the flexibility to assign further meaningful, practical projects to your students.
- NEW SAM PROJECTS APPENDIX OFFERS INSTRUCTOR-AUTHORED PROJECTS. Now your students can gain hands-on practice using SAM (Skills Assessment Manager) self-paced assignments selected by instructors, like you, to help them master Microsoft® Office skills and the computer concepts most essential for academic and career success.
- STUDENT SUCCESS GUIDE EQUIPS YOUR STUDENTS WITH SKILLS TO ACCOMPLISH MORE IN YOUR COURSE AND BEYOND. Meaningful tips, advice and suggested resources to overcome common challenges prepare your students with the skills and insights to master key computer concepts, maximize the power of Microsoft® Office and become successful digital citizens.
- UNIQUE ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION TEACHES BOTH MICROSOFT® OFFICE 2013 SKILLS AND IMPORTANT COMPUTER CONCEPTS. This book uses the proven Illustrated Series approach to emphasize both the latest Microsoft® Office 2013 skills as well as today’s most important computer concepts, while enhanced technology resources help you reinforce students’ abilities.
- DETAILED LESSONS HIGHLIGHT TODAY’S MOST IMPORTANT COMPUTER CONCEPTS AND THE NEWEST TRENDS IN TECHNOLOGY AND TODAY’S DIGITAL WORLD. Your students learn the skills that reflect today’s most progressive computer technology as they gain a thorough introduction to Microsoft® Office 2013 application skills.
- EASY-TO-FOLLOW AND EASY-TO-ABSORB TWO-PAGE SPREAD LESSONS APPEAL TO A WIDE VARIETY OF LEARNING STYLES. This proven, focused visual approach with an entire task visible in a single view keeps learners of all levels engaged and actively learning important Office skills.
- EXTENSIVE END-OF-UNIT ACTIVITIES PROVIDE HANDS-ON PRACTICE. Proven, practical exercises help learners become adept in their new Office skills while reinforcing the conceptual material from each chapter.
Unit A: Computer and Internet Basics.
Unit B: Computer Hardware.
Unit C: Computer Software.
Unit D: File Management and Digital Electronics.
Unit A: Getting Started with Windows 8.
Unit B: Understanding File Management.
INTERNET EXPLORER 10:
Unit A: Getting Started with Internet Explorer.
MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013:
Unit A: Getting Started with Microsoft® Office 2013.
MICROSOFT WORD 2013:
Unit A: Creating Documents with Word 2013.
Unit B: Editing Documents.
Unit C: Formatting Text and Paragraphs.
Unit D: Formatting Documents.
MICROSOFT EXCEL 2013:
Unit A: Getting Started with Excel 2013.
Unit B: Working with Formulas and Function.
Unit C: Formatting a Worksheet.
Unit D: Working with Charts.
Unit A: Integrating Word and Excel.
MICROSOFT ACCESS 2013:
Unit A: Getting Started with Access 2013.
Unit B: Building and Using Queries.
Unit C: Using Forms.
Unit D: Using Reports.
Unit B: Integrating Word, Excel and Access.
MICROSOFT POWERPOINT 2013:
Unit A: Creating a Presentation in PowerPoint 2013.
Unit B: Modifying a Presentation.
Unit C: Inserting Objects into a Presentation.
Unit D: Finishing a Presentation.
Unit C: Integrating Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2013:
Unit A: Getting Started with Email.
Unit B: Managing Information Using Outlook.
Appendix A: Working in the Cloud.
Appendix B: Integration Appendix.
Appendix C: SAM Projects Appendix.
Appendix: Capstone Projects.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.