Request for consultation
Everything you need for your Introduction to Computing course! COMPUTER CONCEPTS AND MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 ILLUSTRATED delivers the most up-to-date computer concepts and Microsoft® Office 2013 skills in an accessible, easy-to-follow format. The Illustrated Series has been praised by instructors for its concise, focused approach and user-friendly layout, which engages both computer rookies and hot shots in mastering application skills and computer concepts quickly and efficiently. Thanks to the Illustrated Series’ hallmark 2-page layout, each task is presented in a single view, enabling students to work through an entire process without turning a page. New Learning Outcomes outline the skills covered in each lesson, and larger full-color screens represent exactly what students should see on their own computers. With COMPUTER CONCEPTS AND MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 ILLUSTRATED, everything your students need is at their fingertips. Cengage Learning's COMPUTER CONCEPTS AND MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 ILLUSTRATED CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class goes beyond the book and applies skills in a variety of activities and real-life scenarios.
- New! Office units are completely updated to reflect new features and enhancements in Microsoft Office 2013.
- NEW! Updated to include two units on Windows 8.
- New! Learning outcomes for each 2-page lesson mapped to assessments, including SAM Assessment and SAM Projects.
- New! Design improvements help keep students engaged and on track.
- New! SAM Projects appendix provides additional exercises that can be auto-graded for SAM users.
- New! Capstone appendix provides additional exercises for reinforcement and assessment.
- Updated appendix on SkyDrive and Microsoft Office Web Apps help students learn to use Office in the cloud.
- Unique 2-page spread keeps learners of all levels engaged and on track by presenting an entire task in a single view.
- Predicts commonly made mistakes and offers "Quick Tips" and "Troubles" within the step-by-step directions to help students avoid typical errors and pitfalls.
- Makes concepts relevant with end-of-chapter Independent Challenges and Visual Workshops.
- Serves as a great reference both during and after the course.
- Offers an all-in-one solution for teaching Microsoft® Office 2013 and computer concepts in a concise, user-friendly format.
- Includes detailed lessons on important computer concepts and the newest trends in technology and today's digital world as well as a thorough introduction to Microsoft Office 2013 application skills.
Unit A: Computer and Internet Basics
Unit B: Computer Hardware
Unit C: Computer Software.
Unit D: File Management and Digital Electronics.
Unit A: Getting Started with Windows 8.
Unit B: Understanding File Management.
INTERNET EXPLORER 10:
Unit A: Getting Started with Internet Explorer
MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013:
Unit A: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2013.
MICROSOFT WORD 2013:
Unit A: Creating Documents with Word 2013.
Unit B: Editing Documents.
Unit C: Formatting Text and Paragraphs.
Unit D: Formatting Documents.
MICROSOFT EXCEL 2013:
Unit A: Getting Started with Excel 2013.
Unit B: Working with Formulas and Function.
Unit C: Formatting a Worksheet.
Unit D: Working with Charts.
Unit A: Integrating Word and Excel.
MICROSOFT ACCESS 2013:
Unit A: Getting Started with Access 2013.
Unit B: Building and Using Queries.
Unit C: Using Forms.
Unit D: Using Reports.
Unit B: Integrating Word, Excel and Access.
MICROSOFT POWERPOINT 2013:
Unit A: Creating a Presentation in PowerPoint 2013.
Unit B: Modifying a Presentation.
Unit C: Inserting Objects into a Presentation.
Unit D: Finishing a Presentation.
Unit C: Integrating Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2013:
Unit A: Getting Started with Email.
Unit B: Managing Information Using Outlook.
Appendix: Capstone Projects.
Appendix: SAM Projects.
Appendix: Working with Windows Live and Office Web Apps.
"I like the very user-friendly approach and layout of the Illustrated book, as well as the pedagogy – the review skills and concepts. The students are reading and using the extra tips and information in the margins, which is a surprise to me because with the previous book I used they were overwhelmed by too much information. This 'hits it'."
"My custom Illustrated books cover the material well. My students tell me that they are written in a way they can understand. The books give excellent material but leaves the instructor room for innovative projects. The exercises are great learning tools. When the students tell me they are reading the text, I know we have made a good choice."
"Very user-friendly for students. Good graphics and activities. Provides the concepts in a way students understand."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.