Request for consultation
Let this final edition of the ICD-9-CM Standard for Hospitals, Volumes 1, 2 & 3 with the hallmark features and content that have provided accurate and reliable information for over 25 years serve to meet current coding challenges and to function as a solid reference for utilizing valuable legacy ICD-9-CM coded data.
- Optum Edge—Diagnosis and Procedure Medicare Code Edit (MCE) alerts. Color-coding and symbols identify all major Medicare Code Edits (MCE) used to audit claims submitted under the inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) for diagnosis, including unacceptable PDx, questionable admission PDx, age, sex, CC and MCC, and manifestation codes. Also MCEs related to valid OR procedures, non-covered, limited coverage, non-operating room, bilateral edits and sex edits.
- Optum Edge—Symbols identify MCC and CC conditions. Ensure appropriate reimbursement by reporting patient severity correctly.
- Optum Edge —MCC and CC Exclusion list. The list of principal diagnoses for which the CC or MCC designated condition will not affect MS-DRG assignment is provided.
- Optum Edge—Hospital-acquired condition (HAC) alerts. Know which conditions, when not present upon admission, will not impact DRG assignment.
- Optum Edge—Adjunct procedure code alerts. Learn how to properly use ICD-9-CM procedure codes that provide additional information only and cannot be used alone.
- Optum Edge—Additional digit required symbols. Know when an additional fourth or fifth digit is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in Index and Tabular Section).
- Optum Edge—Highlighted coding instructional informational notes. Recognize important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- Intuitive color-coded symbols and alerts. Identify critical coding and reimbursement issues quickly with alerts on the same page as the code you need.
- Hallmark page design and features. Locate information quickly with a user-friendly page design, including dictionary-style headers, QuickflipTM color bleed tabs, and legend keys.