Request for consultation
The 2016 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with Optum360’s hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of using the new code set easier. Use the code book that contains the latest HIPAA-mandated ICD-10-CM code set, plus the familiar Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts you have come to rely upon. Set the standard for coding accuracy, the cornerstone of health care analytics and revenue cycle management, with the confidence only an Optum360 product can deliver.
- New—Optum360 Edge—Coding guideline explanations and examples. In addition to the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, new sections have been added at the beginning of each chapter with detailed explanations and examples related to application of the ICD-10-CM coding guidelines.
- HIPAA compliance. Comply with HIPAA transaction and code set requirements to avoid delayed or denied claims and costly fines for violations.
- New—Optum360 Edge—Supplementary appendixes (exclusive to the Optum360 Expert Edition). Several appendixes have been added that provide supplementary information including: 10 steps to correct coding with coding examples, Valid three-character ICD-10-CM codes, List of Z codes that can only be used as first-listed/principal diagnosis, Table of muscles/origin/insertion/action for coding diseases of musculoskeletal system (Chapter 13) and muscle injuries (Chapter 19).
- Optum360 Edge—Intuitive features and format. Ease into the new classification system using intuitive visual alerts to highlight code groupings as well as the distinctions between code choices—plus, added features that make finding specific sections easier.
- Optum360 Edge—Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits. This edition includes all our hallmark color-coding and symbols for the most comprehensive coverage of MCEs for diagnoses – Age, Sex, Manifestation codes, Unacceptable PDx, Hospital acquired condition (HAC), CC and MCC with Exclusion List, New edit—CC as PDx and MCC as PDx, HIV.
- Optum360 Edge—Exclusive Following references in the indexes. The Following references help coders locate those alphanumeric codes that are out of sequence in the tabular.
- Optum360 Edge—Additional character required symbols. Know when an additional character is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in index and tabular section).
- ICD-10-CM official conventions and coding guidelines. This new coding system comes with new conventions that are concisely outlined for quick reference.
- Official index. Navigate through the official index to the tabular section and external causes using our exclusive shade guides to easily identify subterm levels under main terms.
- Table of Drugs and Chemicals and Neoplasm Table. Updated tables within ICD-10-CM with shaded columns and check additional character symbols.