Request for consultation
The 2017 ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals featuring our hallmark color-coding and symbols related to ICD-10 MS-DRG reimbursement edits makes facing the challenges of accurate diagnosis coding easier. The hospital edition contains ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols for comorbidities/complications (CC), major comorbidities/complications (MCC), and principal diagnoses that function as their own CC/MCC as well as CC/MCC exclusion lists at the code level. Set the standard for coding accuracy, the cornerstone of healthcare analytics and revenue cycle management, with the confidence only an Optum360 product can deliver. In addition, the Expert version contains supplementary appendixes including: present on admission (POA) coding and reporting tutorial; pharmacology listings of common drugs with therapeutic classes and indications; common drugs associated with Z-codes used to report long term drug use; and CC, MCC and principal diagnosis functioning as CC/MCC code lists.
- Optum360 Edge — Illustrations and definitions in the tabular. Assign codes with confidence based on illustrations and definitions designed to highlight key components of the disease process or injury.
- Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Includes all of the Optum360 visual alerts, including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, Medicare Code Edits (MCEs), CCs, MCCs, principal diagnosis as its own CC/MCC, CC/MCC exclusions, HACs, and manifestation codes.
- Optum360 Edge — Coding guideline explanations and examples. Detailed explanations and examples related to application of the ICD-10-CM chapter guidelines are provided at the beginning of each chapter in the tabular section
- Optum360 Edge — Muscle/tendon translation table. Use this table to determine muscle/tendon action (flexor, extensor, other) which is a component of codes for acquired conditions and injuries affecting the muscles and tendons.
- Optum360 Edge — Placeholder X. This icon, designed and used exclusively by Optum360, alerts the coder to an ICD-10-CM convention — the use of a “placeholder X” for 3, 4, and 5 character codes requiring a 7th character extension.