Request for consultation
This edition of Human Relations: Principles and Practices continues to focus on the immediate personal application of human relations principles and practices. In addition to incorporating the authors' innovative "Total Person" approach toward the field, the Seventh Edition includes an increased emphasis on issues of diversity, presenting a broad range of characteristics that affect relationships on the job and ways to achieve insight when dealing with a wide-range of people related problems. The updated pedagogy includes strategically placed exercises that encourage teamwork and group problem-solving techniques, first-person advice from respected writers, educators, and business leaders, opening vignettes featuring prominent individuals in real-world situations, and "Career Corner" sections that provide practical solutions to common human relations problems.
- New and Revised opening and closing cases!
- NEW CASES OPEN AND CLOSE EACH CHAPTER: These distinct, in-depth introductory and concluding cases for each chapter create a cohesive, engaging framework for the content within each chapter. This integrated structure within each chapter encourages students to consider the comprehensive "big picture" in today's business world with a wealth of examples that reinforce concepts.
- REVISED "TRY YOUR HAND" ACTIVITIES ENCOURAGE IN-DEPTH PRACTICE AND THINKING: These fresh end-of-chapter activities encourage students to delve deeper into chapter concepts and now apply more critical thinking skills to the challenges.
- NEW AND REVISED "YOU PLAY THE ROLE" EXERCISES POSITION STUDENTS FOR HR SUCCESS: New scenarios and engaging role-play exercises throughout this edition provide hands-on experience for students to practice the concepts learned in the chapter.
- NEW "HUMAN RELATIONS IN ACTION" FEATURES OFFER PRACTICAL TIPS FOR BUSINESS SUCCESS: New "Human Relations in Action" emphasize "how to" tips and practical, memorable examples from real organizations and businesses.
- ENHANCED END-OF-CHAPTER APPLICATIONS EMPHASIZE HANDS-ON PROBLEM SOLVING AND TEAMWORK: Fresh exercises and revised cases in this edition underscore the importance of teamwork in today's work place. "On the Job Q&A"s provide practical solutions to common human relations problem, while new Cases based on actual organizations ask students to apply chapter concepts to real situations.
- INCREASED FOCUS ON CRITICAL THINKING PREPARES STUDENTS FOR TODAY'S HR CHALLENGES: Throughout this edition's student-friendly practical applications, the authors have increased the emphasis on developing critical thinking skills. Revised "Thinking/Learning/Doing" exercises ask students to apply critical thinking to specific HR challenges.
- EXERCISES EQUIP STUDENTS WITH PRACTICAL SKILLS FOR SUCCESS IN TODAY'S BUSINESS WORLD: This market-leading text emphasizes effective communication and encourages self-development for future and current professionals. Contemporary insights into handling a wide range of people-related problems help students refine relationship skills. Students also develop effective strategies to resolve work/life tensions.
- CONCEPTS APPEAR IN ACTUAL REAL-WORLD CONTEXT: Updated pedagogical tools and proven learning features throughout this edition reflect the authors' commitment to providing a real-world context for concepts.
- "TOTAL PERSON INSIGHTS" PROVIDE PROFOUND ADVICE FROM RESPECTED PROFESSIONALS: Twenty-six new brief "Total Person Insights" in this edition present thoughts, anecdotes, and advice from some of today's most respected writers, educators, and business leaders.
2. Improving Interpersonal Communications.
3. Building High Self-Esteem.
4. Personal Values Influence Ethical Choices.
5. Attitudes Can Shape Your Life.
6. Developing a Professional Presence.
7. Valuing Work Force Diversity.
8. Resolving Conflict and Achieving Emotional Balance.
9. A Life Plan for Effective Human Relations.
"The text is well written and visually appealing. Students enjoy the pictures and the cartoons. In addition, the chapters are not too lengthy." -- Anthony Stubbs, Iowa Lakes Community College
"Extremely readable - students say they enjoy this text!" -- Judith Meyer, Beaufort County Community College
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Management CourseMate with eBook Instant Access Code
Discover a wealth of help to assist you in preparing for class. You can instantly access password-protected instructor supplements, including the Instructor's Manual, Test Bank, and PowerPoint presentation slides, an electronic DVD Guide, and Transition Guide. You will also have access to a vast array of student support resources. All content has been updated to match the updates to the main text.
Management CourseMate with eBook Instant Access Code
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.
Product Support Web Site